Y&R Stars (or any soap really) who don't get along in real life.

• Members

Then, for God's sake, recast. Nick and Victoria need their aunt.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Hunter Tylo, Kimberlin Brown and their respective spouses (at the time) also fall out over some RV deal that went south? Regardless, I wonder if Hunter Tylo ever was this much drama when she was plain old Deborah Morehart on AMC.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the last time Roberta came back was in 1998 or 1999. Did they fall out after that?

The Austin Peck rumors always crack me up, mostly because I remember all the problems he caused on the DAYS set in the late 90s after he had been "saved."

• Members

Hall didn't like being outshined and getting bad stories upon her return. While Chappell lead the way through 1992, Hall was saddled with the whole Roman/John mess which in 1992 which mainly we saw boil down to Roman and Marlena arguing about Marlena's devotion to John and Roman's devotion to being a cop. Not to mention Carly being buried alive brought in the same if not higher ratings as Marlena's initial return did.

I never understood why Susan Seaforth Hayes was let go in '93. She is the same age as Rogers and just three years older than Hall but was forced out.

• Members

I hope SSH slapped the ish out of Kaye. Which sounds bad, I know. She's been on Match Game 74 reruns on GSN lately, and she annoys the crap out of me. She has to get in on EVERY joke and try to get all of the attention on her. You can see that the rest of the panelists can't stand her either.

• Members

Frances did mention in her TVLEGENDS interview that Susan didn't really like her and she couldn't tell why... and I think she was a bit foggy on Peggy McKay. Unfortunately at the time of the interview her memory seemed a little hazy.

• Members

I've always assumed it was b/c the writers never could find a love interest for Julie that matched Doug; hence, the decision to have her and Doug reunite, then leave town together. But, I'm sure there's more to the story. When it comes to DAYS, apparently, there's always more to the story, lol.

• Members

I hated Austin Peck's Jesus Freak ways back on DOOL but it seemed to me that he had given that up by ATWT; I don't read much soap press but I recall an intv where he apologized for his prior behavior and said he'd calmed down. He then went on to actually be appealing on ATWT, IMO. I always thought the rumors of his being ganged up on and thrown off the show - over some affair?! - had a nasty ring of truth to them.

I have never warmed to Eileen Davidson on Y&R. She looks for all the world, and behaves, like an embalmed zombie transvestite at all times. On DOOL it was a totally different story; she seemed young, vibrant and alive, very modern compared to much of the rest of the cast, with a note more of reality than most of her ridiculous stories. It was like she could go anywhere and do anything. I still think she should be back there today.

Victoria Rowell's tweets about Christel Khalil are as embarrassing and unprofessional as Khalil's own notorious behavior, but at least Rowell has a track record of years of solid work to back herself up. No one comes out the winner there. Twitter makes everyone fuckin' crazy. I just put my head in my hands. But I do think VR is an incredible actress who must be employed by a soap, whether she's a handful or not. She's just too good.

Archived