Y&R Stars (or any soap really) who don't get along in real life.

• Members

Hey guys!, I was curious to see if anyone knew any bits of information about Y&R stars who really dont get along that well in real life. I know there have been the obvious like Peter Bergman and Eric Braeden, and Victoria Rowell not getting along with a few people . I just wanted to see if anyone else heard stories about certain cast mates not getting along, or spectulations that they don't. Like I know they have a story together now, but I for some reason think that Jess Walton and Tracey Bregman dont get on that well, dont know why, but i have seen them do interviews together, and they just seem kind of distant and stuff.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Taking the question of this thread at face value and throwing in a big "ALLEGEDLY" to cover my ass...

Michelle Stafford + Peter Bergman vs. Victoria Rowell

Christel Khalil vs. Victoria Rowell

Peter Bergman vs. Eric Braeden

Terry Lester vs. Lauralee Bell (+ by extension William J. Bell)

Melody Thomas Scott vs. Eric Braeden (well... more like they "aren't close")

Eileen Davidson vs. Judith Chapman

Something I'm wondering about: Sharon Case and Joshua Morrow.

And I counter what DaytimeFan said. I heard Jess Walton was/is a total sweetheart on both the sets of Capitol and Y&R.

• Members

During LML's tenure, Eileen Davidson made some comment about how the character of Gloria always got the last word, implying that the Abbotts were being "brought down" in order to pimp Gloria. Well, LML looooooved Gloria, and a few weeks later, Ashley was being written off the show.

By contrast, JC singled out Davidson as an example of how "together" Y&R was as a soap, how people knew their stuff. However, the way she talked about it was a little off. She talked about how ED didn't need hours of rehearsal, that she could just chill in the make-up chair reading Vogue. I read that particular comment and thought "huh?" It made it sound like ED didn't really mix with her, wasn't all that committed, and preferred reading fashion mags and hanging with the crew. Of course, both Eric Braeden and Peter Bergman have talked about how highly they rate ED both personally and professionally so... maybe it's just Chapman? EB especially adores her.

• Members

What can I say? :lol: I don't live in the woman's head. Maybe it is just a paycheck at this point. I'm just reporting what I read back in the day -- her interview talking about how the Abbotts were made to look unfavorable re: Gloria. A few weeks' later, Y&R announces that they have let ED go (I believe LML was both HW and EP by that point). And then ED gave an exit interview to SOD and announced she was bringing Ashley to B&B.

• Members

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult you, I was mostly talking about her comments.

I can see them writing her out for her criticism of Gloria but really I think Ashley has been a dead end character for years, and I agreed with LML's decision to write her out. Her stories since her return just reinforce that for me.

On who does and doesn't get along, it's interesting to me that Brenda Dickson still seems to be close to Jeanne Cooper, since Cooper seems very no-nonsense. Perhaps she sees that person Brenda was a long time ago before she started having problems.

Archived