Y&R Stars (or any soap really) who don't get along in real life.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't insulted. I just do not know how to explain the discrepency!

Ashley has always been one of my favourite characters -- I think the first time I ever watched Y&R, she was in the scene (with Terry Lester)! That's how connected she is to Y&R in my mind. But I can see that the sperm-stealing damn near ruined the character. Ashley was actually a lot stronger and more with it in the 1980s than her nervous breakdown back then would suggest. Too bad the late 90s and 00s were spent continually revisiting that Victor/breakdown dynamic.

I was glad when B&B took her on and returned her to the Ash I remembered from back in the day. I thought Y&R might go the route of an Adam-Ashley affair when Chris Engen was in the role but, as we know now, that was far from the case. Sigh.

Some would argue that MTS has also played a dead-end character for a while but, see, I love both Nikki and Ashley and couldn't really bear the show without either of them.

As for Brenda Dickson and Jeanne Cooper, I think JC must know the real Brenda, underneath the fame, gold lamé, affected accents, marriages and (alleged!) mental breaks. Brenda essentially grew up on Y&R in the 1970s. I could totally see JC mentoring her as they both started getting SLs together. Brenda was such a fresh, soulful, unspoiled presence on Y&R in the 70s -- from what I've seen.

It's kind of a cool friendship! And it has not stopped JC from being close with Jess Walton, either.

• Members
LOL. I have nothing to add. It was something I heard second hand from somewhere that Eileen was fired because "the producer" had been sleeping with her husband or ex-husband or something like that. Well put two-and-two together(coupled with the fact that Jon Lindstrom had worked with Lethal on Port Charles) and that was my assumption.

• Members

Not just Jeanne, apparently. Thom Bierdz, as well, still appears to have a good relationship w/ Brenda Dickson, as well.

I realize the girl caused problems for Papa Bell and several of her co-workers on the set, but perhaps Jeanne and Thom put up w/ her (even today) b/c they knew that despite all the drama off-screen, she also brought the drama on-screen, too.

Archived