Y&R Stars (or any soap really) who don't get along in real life.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First of all, Total WORD re: Austin Peck on ATWT. I always thought he brought a lot of sweetness and old-fashioned soap-romantic-lead charisma to the role. I always wondered if the rest of the ATWT cast weren't a little miffed that they had a lowly ex-Days actor among the ranks (ATWT does have the most consistently talented over-20 yrs old cast in soaps).

And IA about VR needing to be employed on soaps. She WANTS to work, WANTS to give 110%. Ideally, I'd like her back on Y&R where she has history. Drucilla not being there is this elephant in the room whenever the Winters have a scene. And when they mention Dru, it just highlights what a void she left behind.

IMO, CK announcing that 1. DS was fired, 2. she was resuming the role of Lily and 3. telling everybody that DS was fired because of "unprofessional behaviour" was totally unneccessary. She just sabotaged a peer's future acting career with her MySpace yappings. She could have said she, the "original" Lily, was coming back to the role and left it at that. But to try and "justify" her return by bismirching the rep of another actress... well, it strikes me that somebody was a teensy bit worried about the popularity of her recast! No wonder VR was in a fit to be tied.

• Members

I'm well aware of Khalil's own shameful behavior. She was acting a fool on the Internet long before Farah Fath, Jamey Giddens or VR. But I don't think Rowell should sink to her, or Branco vs. Giddens' level. A twitter fight is always just plain stupid.

• Members

As I've said before in another thread, you can get away with being a diva if you actually have the "goods" to back it up. Love her or not, but very few, I think, would deny that Brenda Dickson (ex-Jill #1, Y&R) left a huge impression on viewers (many of whom probably wish she were still on the show). Same goes for VR.

• Members

That could be it (not to mention, the fact that Peck was getting a bit more attention from fans and the press than some who'd been toiling on ATWT for years). I think, too, the ATWT cast might've "ganged up" on him, b/c they felt they had to be loyal to Terri's husband, who, from what I understand, was well-liked. Although I could certainly understand the outrage and sympathy, if that's true, I think they were wrong to get themselves involved in what should have been a very private matter between Terri, Austin and their spouses.

I've always wondered about these allegations of "unprofessional behavior" involving Davetta Sherwood on Y&R. What happened? Did she make too big a stink about Lily not being "Black enough"? ;-)

• Members

True, but at least SSH (and DH) had an acting style. What did most of DAYS' cast have back then, besides an overwhelming ability to bore the hell out of viewers or make them laugh unintentionally?

• Members

The allegations were the first (and last) time I ever heard anything said about Davetta Sherwood. VR loved her, of course, and from the odd interviews (PR puff pieces, sure, but sometimes you can pick up negative chemistry) involving her and Michael Grazadei, they seemed to get along great. So I don't know what the deal was.

I'm wondering it's just Sony/CBS really wanted CK back and when she couldn't land a Primetime gig, she can begging for her old job back. And she used the old "my recast wasn't up to the job so Y&R asked to reprise my old role, and I'm doing this as a FAVOR to my employers until I land a walk-on part on one of the CW shows" excuse.

• Members

Let's see..does anyone see any hatred between Kim O. and Todd Rotondi....??....Supposedly they didnt like each other thus breaking up of Jen and Bryant.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Archived