Over-Hyped Daytime Actors & Actresses

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Justin Freakin' Deas!!! Never understood why the soap press went on and on about his acting and that he actually had fans. The spitting, the yelling, the flapping windmill arms, the stepping over everyone's lines, the grabbing someone and kissing them (with gum in his freakin' mouth..) Awful, just awful! I am glad in an interview that one of GL's directors told him to "Simmer Down," and he got pissed (poor baby, JFP wasnt around to tell him was the greatest thing on earth) and would simply read his lines in a monotone for a while (which oddly enough is the only time I liked him!)

And hell yes, to Kim Zimmer! Reva left town as a real character with heart and came back as Godzilla and proceeded to chew up every set in SF.

• Members

Agreed on Karen Witter being the best Tina. I loved her!

Definitely agree on Kim Zimmer & Erika Slezak. I'm amazed that James Scott hasn't been listed by anyone else, cause he's at the top of mine. But maybe he's not hyped outside of the Days realm as much? He's certainly overhyped within it. Any man who can blink and flap his arms that much, and make me LAUGH through a baby dying storyline the way he did, deserves to be at the top of the list.

• Members

James Scott is definitely on my list. Day's obsession with him and the fact that his character experienced the most contrived SORAS job in soap history is why I quit Days a few years ago.

Also on my list are: Michael Easton, Cameron Mathison, Maurice Bernard, Steve Burton, Tyler Christopher, Bobbie Eakes, Eric Braden, Adrienne Frantz, Kelly Monaco, Susan Flannery, Judith Chapman, and Daniel Goddard.

Archived