Over-Hyped Daytime Actors & Actresses

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awww! Lucinda! I don't care that LH is as hammy as they come. Can't take my eyes off her. Anyhoo, her hyped days ended around the time Doug Marland died, so it's been a while since the soap press went nuts over her.

My pics for over-hypdom:

Mo Benard. One reporter referred to him as "acting master" not so long ago. :lol: The man can barely read his cue cards.

Laura Wright. Snarling is not acting. She can pull some good moments out of her ass, though.

Julie Marie Berman. She's either phoning it in or doing her best "Angry Cabbage Patch Doll" impression.

Bobbie Eakes. I don't get it.

Erika Slezak. I don't get it x2.

Billy Miller. The kudos went to his head.

Peter Bergman. Hamtastic. He is good at scenes where somebody breaks up with him, though.

Jeanne Cooper.

Kevin Rikaart.

THE STAFFORD. THIS, along with Maurice, is the biggest scam in soaps. "Ya, ya, definitely, definitely." "Sharon, keep away from mah HUZZBIND." OMGZ Emmy-worthy!

Khalil. Awful beyond the telling of it.

Daniel Goddard. Ditto.

ALICIA MINSHEW.

Van Hansis.

Eden Riegel. Is there anything worse than somebody who thinks they can do comedy -- and can't?

RPG. See Riegel.

Kristen Storms. See RPG.

• Members

Perfect comparision: they both used to be above average and worked with their characters but this is long gone. Now they're hamming it up, making thousands or even millions with crappy performances and take down their respective shows. Unbelievable. They both should join CSI:Miami and acquaint themselves with masterthespian David Caruso...

• Members

oh, don't say that! We still have Vanessa, Tams and Charisma, jp!

I've read a lot of raves about her: "finest comic actress in soaps," etc (a phrase that was also applied to Eden Riegel when she did that web... thing). Storms can bring it when she wants, but the talking-too-fast-OMG-I-love-Spinelli-so-fuckin-much shtick is unfunny for me.

Maybe if I met her, my view on Maxie would change completely. Like, I have this feeling that if I ever met Laura Wright IRL, I would be bowled over by her. And that would undoubtedly make me like Carly.

OMG. David "ShadesOff-ShadesOn" Caruso! The Drake Hogestyn of Primetime.

I wish Mo and "The" Stafford (who the hell gives themselves a nickname starting with "The" + Last Name and then proceeds to make everybody call her this?!) would go to CSI: Miami. Imagine: Mo struggling with his lithium buzz as he attempts to out-intensify "ShadesOff-ShadesOn" by stopping. In the middle of. Every SENTENCE.

And Staffy looking down a microscope and droning "Ya, ya, that's awe-SIM. Definitely, definitely" everytime "ShadesOff-ShadesOn" came in to. ASK. About the. BLOODWORK. For that dead. Hooker.

• Members

LOL! Well, at least Kristen stays true to herself then!

Yeah, I had that feeling about LW. That she would be funny, self-deprecating and very down-to-earth IRL. Plus she loves soaps and doesn't hide it.

• Members

JP has this thing for b!tchy blondes, high school queen-types... Those abusive, shallow, I'm so cute! bimbos with annoying giggles and irritating voices. It's terrible.

One wonders whether he had them as friends in high school or whether they were terrible to him, but he still felt 'admiration' towards them.

• Members

Psychoanalyze much? One thing Maxie has in common with a character like Cordelia on Buffy, for example, is that they say what they think without any kind of filter -- and sometimes that is exactly what a lot of other people are thinking secretly. Sometimes shows need a bitchy couldn't-care-less, truth-teller like that. They can be hell o' enjoyable.

Archived