Over-Hyped Daytime Actors & Actresses

• Members

Because Daytime doesn't do Heroes or Heroines.

The minute a character is not reeling off "witty" one liners or being propped despite being a psycho they're bashed for being "boring".

Years of moral relativism & plot dependent writing has ruined any character that isn't a sociopath or sociopath waiting to happen.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They ditched the stories with Logan and with Johnny after a fairly short period of time. And Lulu/Dante are becoming increasingly unpopular on various boards (like TWOP or Daytime Confidential), with ratings also falling.

She just does not click with men, or much of anyone, if you ask me. If she had more scenes with her family besides smugging over them she might work there, but after those awful scenes where she confronted Liz about the affair with Nik, even that has its limits.

• Members

If it was just the actor they could have recast.

I don't think anyone who was in a popular pairing would have to have such desperate lengths taken to get people to care about their relationship. The latest being the stench that is Brook Lyn's return.

• Members

Well, not really. because they really wrote Logan into Scottys son because of the actor in the role. Besides, they had new toy Johnny.

I actually think you are giving GH too much credit. I dont think they are smart enough to bring brook back in ashitty story to prop lulu/dom.

• Members

Really? Most of her fan base i have come across freely admits she isnt the best, but there are def some crazies. I like her, i think shes a solid soap actress when she tries but is also why daytime is mocked (see susan lucci for a great example).

• Members

Eden Reigel: Never has anyone gone so far on so litle.

Adrienne Frantz: She must have pictures of the Bell family cavorting with goats, because there's no other explanation for her lengthy employment.

Roger Howarth: He has only three facial expressions: 1) The Blank Stare. 2) The Exasperated Spitter 3) The Blubbering Crier

Maurice Benard/Grayson McCouch: Possibly separated at birth, but certainly not at acting class.

I have to disagree with the mention of Martha Byrne. There's a reason she was the first actress from ATWT to win a Lead Actress Emmy. She created two distinct characters , stood toe-to-toe with hammy ad-libbers (EH) and successfully made the transition from great child performer to powerhouse heroine. Love her.

Archived