Over-Hyped Daytime Actors & Actresses

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think its probably more boredom than hype that was affecting Van.

I really liked Eden as Bianca and thought that role suited her but I agree that her range is limited.

I like Susan/Erica but she isn't a good actress. Anthony Geary can be good but he can also be very irritating and hammy. MEK has some talent but is overrated.

• Members

I'm in the Amen corner with you on these! Stafford and the politicking drives me mad. I'm so sick of the seeming backstage stuff upstaging the onscreen.

MB? Not only do I like NB better as Lily, I LOVED Heather Rattray as Lily. PS's 'Damian' was the only reason I was able to tolerate MB's Lily in the past -- before they brought him back from the dead and made him unwatchable -- which left her unwatchable for me too.

I'd give a lifetime achievement Emmy to any of the actors you just named (well, except Jon Hensley, maybe).

• Members

SHARON CASE...and her really really sneaky politicking!! So sneaky, everyone's got the wool pulled over their eyes. Well she has almost fooled everyone but not some!! :lol: I have never seen a more over-hyped actress who is completely so one-dimensional that even when the writers try to write her out of the box, she can't sell it, so they have to cut her storyline short instead of letting ti finish naturally. Kleptomania, mental hospital, WTD anyone?!!! Can't even name them all. LOL!!

• Members

From DeeeDee's list:

Peter Bergman - Agreed, Bergman took a hot, lusty, sexy bastard of a character and made him a milquetoast snoozer. He's just Cliff Warner with the same hair and better wardrobe.

Maurice Bernard & Steve Burton - cannot be separated; equally disastrous. They are the fifth circle of hell, only not as fun! Both intriguing to me, at first... Now I think even they're as bored with their characters as we are. The nice thing for them both is that they never have to learn new dialogue. Scream out 'she's a whore' or 'he's gotta' pay' and you're done.

Vanessa Marcil - UGH! She made me want to see Jax strangle Brenda with her sleeves. VM squinted and squealed, if she did anything other than that I missed it.

Eden Reigel - She's a squint and cry sort of actress, still better than VM's squint and squeal, but not by much.

Judith Chapman - brilliant as Ginny Blake on GH years ago, getting worse by the day on YnR, I don't get it.

Giggly Heffa - Khalil? Makes me cry. Heck, *I* could play a better Lily and I'm twice her age (or I was some years ago <bg>) and I can't act). She's not wooden, she just fluctuates between being emotionless and over-emoting the wrong emotions.

John Paul Lavoisier - He's gotten worse in such a short period of time... although... he'd make a great 'Joker' for one of the Batman movies/series.

Michael Easton - I always expect the wardrobe department to give the audience a knowing wink by dressing him in black tees that read 'Love the paycheck, hate the job'.

Adrienne Frantz - I think she believes that there's not one scene that can't be made better by using some seriously screwed up facial expression. She's wrong.

REBECCA BUDIG - I've never seen the appeal... ever. She seems to spit out every word she utters without a thought behind the importance of inflection and/or feeling. She makes me think she's paid based on how quickly she speaks... bonus points for wrapping the scene up in seconds?

Roger Howarth - See Easton

Drake Hogestyn - I've always wondered if he was the reason the writers of 'Friends' decided to give Joey the huge fictional part on "Days of Our Lives" and then have him teach soap acting using the infamous 'smell something bad' face. They both do that eyebrow thing. Coincidence?

Hunter Tylo - She's an actress? Sometimes she seems more like a extra plucked off the street and given one too many lines; and one is too many in my book.

Jack Wagner - He has his moments but they're too far and few between the lousy ones. I don't know if he realizes he's more "Frisco's father" than "Frisco Jones" these days.

• Members

Thorsten Kaye

Anthony Geary--Just recently though, I used to like Lukee...But lately I think he is overrated. He never has a decent storyline, and spends half the year on vacation, yet he earns more than anyone on GH...If GH is under sch extreme budget cuts, they should just cut him, and pay him to do a couple a appearances a year.

Lexi Ainsworth, I don't mind her...But I don't think she's gettin no emmy!

Drew Garrett--There are no words to describe how overrated this prick is.

Cameron Matthison - Yawn.

Steve Burton

Maurice Bernard

Julie Marie Berman

John Paul La-Whatever - Can ya say HORRID?

Farah Fath - even though she isn't exactly very popular on any online forums, but she continues to invade my screen everyday, and that's to much for me

Dominic Zamprogna-Way too much screen time. He is a good actor, but he's not better than any of the actors GH insists on backburning.

Bradford Anderson--Could he ever play anything but a pot head? Really?

• Members

Farah Fath- overhyped, over exposed. The back burner has been a blessing.

David Gregory- as above. wish he'd be on the back burner. good acting needs more than pecs.

John Paul Lauvoiser

Julie Marie Berman- don't get the Emmys

Bradford Anderson

Archived