Over-Hyped Daytime Actors & Actresses

• Members

They were my best friends in school. And still are. I love them, odd thing too since blondes are soooo not my type at all.

When maxie is well written Storms excells. See her and lulu talking about her and johnny were locked in the elevator, her going off on felicia, etc. She, much like Laura, plays exactly what is written. They dont add layers, and with the [!@#$%^&*] writing on GH i dont blame them.

In the case of JMB she is like Jen Landon and Billy Miller. The praise went tp their heads, they got lazy. They are actually great talents, they are just lazy. But really, so are their elders so what else can we expect?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JMB was... passable when she started. A lot of people were wowed by her physical resemblance to Genie Francis. She had some good lines but when they started putting her in frontburner romances (Dillon doesn't count, that was strictly summer-teen-filler), it became clear what her limitations were. Then came Frons's announcement that Lulu was the new Carly, and JMB just started mimicking Wright's shoutiest mannerisms. The fact that Berman's features are now immobilised with botox means it is even harder for her to emote. And thus she comes across as an angry little doll.

• Members

JMB is also a very, very cold actress. It's actually a bit offputting to watch her. That's the biggest issue with the "stars" in today's young soap actors. They are just about unwatchable. Billy Miller has ruined so many important scenes, especially with the Colleen story, no wonder they can only write in his extremely limited range.

• Members

this is berman at her best, imho..

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvTzyBDbJdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvTzyBDbJdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvTzyBDbJdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

No, you really dont.

And i dint know why they tought you were bashing Cordy, you are pretty much on record with cordy love.

Very true. She is also very asexual, much like KMC

• Members

Nobody. 'Twas just a WARNING. In case anybody feels the urge to do so. :lol:

I get that I over-reacted. But sometimes you can just like character... just because you like them. No personal history involved in that decision. C'est tout!

• Members

Yes. And that's why I cannot warm to her. Because she cannot warm to her character. She can be rather robotic, just spitting out the lines.

There are less proficient (and less awarded) actresses out there who love their character and give 100%. Many times this lifts them in my estimation. Because they can get better as a result of their commitment to the character.

• Members

And yet they keep passing her off as some hot passionate leading lady, which they never did with KmC. Even then KmC has had some chemistry with all of her love interests and they were all popular pairings -- Lulu has never had one popular relationship. The more "Lante" are shoved at viewers the lower the ratings seem to go.

The dead-eyed love scenes and the scenes where she only remembers her relatives long enough to shriek at them are just awful. She more than anything else, aside from Luke himself, epitomizes the death of the Spencer family.

• Members

Ha, twitter has taken over. And i have been very busy covering soap events. (I am honestly not trying to brag, its the truth)

I also have chosen to embrace the good and move beyond the bad. People on soap boards like to harp and obsess over the bad.

• Members

I dont know about that. I think JMB has had chem with her costars, just not sexual chem, just like KMC. And i wouldnt say she has never been a popular pairing. Her and Logan and her and Johnny were very popular, and her and Dante seem to be generally liked. I dont think you can look at failing ratings to say otherwise.

Becky Herbst is a rare kind of female soap star. She can pull off sexy, friendly, romantic, and family. At least i think so.

Archived