GH: Actress returns

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

Jason and Brenda was a marriage of convenience. There was definitely loads of chem, but her return was wasted when Vanessa decided to leave the show because they wouldn't accommodate her schedule where it would include the ability to see her child more often.

• Administrator

Never going to take off? She was on "Las Vegas" for 5 seasons and "BH: 90210" for 3 seasons. 8-9 years in primetime is pretty damn good.

Her returned re-engergized GH, especially coming off the McTavish years.

That's because all the men prefer Brenda's milkshake. :)

• Members

I wouldn't get my hopes up that she'll do much for the ratings, I don't think any actor is going to accomplish that these days

re-engergized? Naw, it made the show basically unwatchable. I know many people who hated Brenda during that stint, even alot of diehard Brenda fans hated what her return did to alot of the characters and storylines on the show.

• Administrator

Yup. The ratings soared, and the message boards were hopping, and GH was the show to watch when she came back.

I still remember people going nuts when the Sonny/Brenda theme played, episodes before we saw on screen. I think Sonny was on the pier and then the theme played.

• Members

VM is not a good actress, but I don't quite agree with the claim that she is overrated. She is GH's version of a star. She used to have star power. However, the viewership has dwindled so much it is hard to say if she can pull in a whole lot of viewers any more. We'll see.

I am thinking six months.

Oh, I'm eating crow about her return. I don't much care either way. I haven't been watching GH. I may tune in to see her initial return. No doubt Guza will ruin it like he did her last stint and she will be gone soon enough.

I have no idea who she will be paired with. I don't see ABC dissing Kelly Monaco who has stuck around and taking away Jason as her love interest. Sonny is single so most likely Brenda will hook up with him as Olivia gets jealous.

I hope that VM reminds Guza that Robin is Brenda's best friend so they have some scenes together. I loved their friendship back in the day. Knowing Guza, Olivia will be Brenda's new BFF.

• Members

Don't cry for them, Argentina. They haven't rounded out the cast for LOLA yet. :P:lol::lol:

And Lisa Low's worked without a contract before. If they bump her to recurring, she'll still appear every once in awhile. She's another one of Sonny's baby mama's.

• Members

True, but Olivia isn't on every day like she used to be which means that Guza is tired of playing with that shiny new marble. Someone has to lose airtime when Brenda returns and that doesn't bode well for Olivia or Johnny. On the other hand, it may mean less Dante and even less Spinelli and Teethan so I approve.

• Members

Spinelli has long run out of story. He should have been cut loose months ago.

Actually, I wonder if Guza won't have fire some people to pay of VM. I'm sure she made ABC pay through the nose to get her back for the likely six months.

• Members

Well it was nice(ish)knowing you KeMo and LoCicero!! Kiss your contracts goodbye and head back to the hole you crawled out of, and BrookLynn respectively!

AHHH i am so excited! LOVE ME SOME BRENDA!! hope the viewership skyyyyrockettss!!! AHAHAH!

Please dear baby JESUS let ther be a scene with Brenda/Carly/Skye! DO IT GUZA!

Archived