GH: Actress returns

• Members

She's one of my favorite characters in terms of when I watched her back in the 90s. It's a nice memory of the "good old days." But would I want to be her? :lol: Uh. No. I'd never want to be a soap character. That's like asking death, pain and destruction to rain down on you 365 days of the year.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Jax is even on the radar. Brenda's going to be smack dab in the middle of the mob. Jax is too safe and bland for Guza's golden girl. She's going to be for Sonny or Jason.

With the way Guza loved her and him on the last go around, plus the tension with Jason&Sonny now. I'm leaning towards Jason. Her room is still like she left it at his PH and there's been mentions of it. The press release itself now states Jason's one of the most important men in her life.

• Members

I think you are mistaken. There is no such thing as Brenda without Jax figuring into the picture. Even her last visit was a huge Jax and Brenda affair. I believe Guza wrote the show then. There seems to be this tendency to want to rank everybody like it is the military and I guess that makes things easier to analyze, but Brenda has her own set of characters she interacts with and at the very top of that list is Sonny and Jax. Especially now with Jax married to Carly, they will not be able to resist placing Brenda right into Carly's face via Jax and Sonny.

• Members

Jax was the bad guy the last time. The guy pushing her for a marriage she wasn't ready for, the bad guy who dumped her at the altar after knowing how distraught she was when Sonny did the same. The guy who then wrote her a check like a common prostitute for her to get out of town. It was Jason's doorstep she ended up on and Jason who protected her and helped her.

It was Jason that was her hero. The one she married, lived with, trusted, risked jail for, the one she talked to about how Jax was acting. The one who she said deserved happiness more than anyone. Granted it was a LOT of Jason propping by Brenda, but doesn't change that Brenda&Jax were kind of destroyed her last stint compared to Brenda&Jason. How Guza wrote the 2 pairs were night and day.

She interacted with Jason more than anyone last time. Even more than Sonny and especially more than Jax. It's all depending on which way Guza's turning now, but I don't think Jax has much of a shot here, especially if they're suddenly declaring now that Jason is one of the most important men in Brenda's life on par with Jax and Sonny.

If Brenda's returning and in danger, I have no doubt at all that it's Jason who saves her.

• Members

I get what you're saying, but Jax doesn't matter much if at all outside of Sonny, and he definitly matters even less outside of Sonny Brenda I don't see how it would make much sense for them not to have him all up in Brenda's face if he's still on canvas when Brenda is there. Trust me I can't stand the character probably more than anyone here but given they insist on using him he will be used heavily in the story

• Members

I think he'll be involved, but I don't think he's for her. She's for a mobster. He'll run around telling her mobsters are bad, trying to "save" her from Sonny and Jason's world. While she wants the opposite, going to them, relying on them, trusting them. If she's in danger Jason will save her day, if she needs a place to live Jason will have her room ready, all while also bonding with Sonny and going back to the love they shared.

Jax will basically be the tool he was last time, Jason&Sonny were her heroes. Jax as the guy who left her at the altar.

• Members

I see her coming back, Sonny wanting her, her wanting Jason, Jason wanting her. Sonny tries to woo her, and she has feelings for both. Sonny and Jason fight over Brenda. Brenda goes to Rome.

If i wrote GH, I would put her return in the midst of a s/l with Robin.

Example:

Robin and Patrick's marriage crumbles. Patrick cheats with multiple women and becomes more and more verbally assaulting towards Robin. One day he goes too far, makes a nasty remark about her HIV +ness, and she runs off. She's driving, crying severely, and doesn't realize that she hit a teenage boy on his bicycle and she keeps driving. She returns home, the next morning and Carly waits for her, having witnessed the whole thing and taken pictures. She uses this to blackmail Robin, and eventually this, along with the fact that the boy is permanently paralyzed, causes Robin to have a mental breakdown. She shuts down and refuses to tell anyone what happened. She becomes more and more non responsive until Patrick and Lainey have her institutionalized. Robin won't talk to anyone, but when Sonny visits Robin says "SHE wouldn't judge me if she knew the truth...She would understand".

Lainey tells Patrick she believes this "she" Robin is talking about is an imaginery coping device that Robin created, but Carly instantly realizes that it's Brenda Robin talks about. Carly, feeling an ounce of sympathy (having had a mental breakdown herself), puts all aside and calls Brenda back to town. Robin is thrilled to see Brenda, and becomes more responsive, though she won't tell Brenda what she did. Eventually she confides the crime in Brenda, and Brenda helps her cope in ways that the doctors are unable to. Once Robin comes to terms with it, Brenda and Alexis work with Robin to prepare a confession.

Robin confesses, and because of her mental state, is not arrested, but has to be kept in the hospital. When her trial comes, Alexis and Diane team up to fight mental insanity. Brenda stands by her side throughout the whole ordeal, and immediately takes a disliking to Patrick for causing the mess. Diane and Alexis are able to convince the jury that Robin was already experiencing a breakdowwn due to her collapsed marriage. Robin's sentence is simply to attend therapy sessions and to take a driving course.

Patrick wants to start over with Robin, but Robin can't get over what happened because of him. Brenda re-purchases her old cottage, and moves into it with Robin and Emma. Brenda decides to catch up with Jax at the Metro Court, and the two share drinks and become drunk. Jax admits that he still has feelings for her all these years later, just as Carly walks in and throws a drink in his face and says its over for good. Jax chases after her immediately, reassuring Brenda's thoughts that Jax was still in love with her.

A drunk Brenda meets a semi drunk and upset Steven Lars Webber, and the two have sex. Brenda returns home the next day and tells Robin she met a man, and was going out with him again. Brenda goes out with Steven for the day, and realizes that she really likes him. She returns home and is about to tell Robin who the mystery man is, when Robin tells Brenda that she has been developing feelings for a Dr. Steven Lars Webber, for the past months. A horrified Brenda says nothing to Robin, but struggles with the fact that she feels she should stay away from him.

Steven continues to persue her, and the two hook up a couple more times. Brenda, realizing she is truly starting to care about him, breaks up with him in an ugly way. Hurt, he runs to Robin and admits that he had been developing feelings for her several months before, before he met "her". The two share dinner, and it ends in a kiss.

Brenda finds out her sister Julia is being held captive by a mobster in England, whom she had begun a relationship with, unknowing of his status as a killer. Brenda runs to Sonny for help, and they set off to sav her. Sonny is able to save Julia, and Brenda and Sonny share a kiss. Brenda, still having strong feelings for Steven, also begins to feel old feelings for Sonny.

Robin finds out about Brenda and Steven, and is hurt. Steven is still hung up on Brenda, but feels an attraction to Robin. Brenda is attracted to both Steven and Sonny, and Robin is upset, which puts a rift in their friendship and creates a good quad with Robin/Brenda/Sonny/Steven.

To me, that would involve Brenda's history with the show (friendship with Robin, romance with Sonny/Jax), but also provides a new and interesting twist, that would be more fun than her coming back just to throw herself at her exes and end up with the Borgman.

• Members

Thats def not gonna happen.

I do see her returning an her and sonny doing their thing and her maybe still being married to jason, but nothing more with her and jason.

i bet shes tied to franco, that was the story was originally planned when they first brought him on.

• Members

I really have to think they are going to pair her with Sonny and Jax (is that a trair?). This is what her fans want to see, they are who they hope to lure back, and assuming it is a year it will start out with Jax I think so Carly can have convulsions, but eventually turn into a full blown Sonny and Brenda fest.

Archived