ATWT: June 2010 Discussion

• Members

I have nothing but faith and 30-plus years of soap opera "surprise" plotting to base the hope Dusty is the daddy on. JanSlut keeps saying things like "we're having a boy!" to the Dustmite. I have to believe Pissy threw one last wrench in the CarJack and DustNet relationship by supposedly confirming Jack as the father. This way, DustNet's "love" builds from the ONS debacle, and Carjack gets put in the wringer once again.

EveryONE hates the Ciccones. And even if they could tolerate them, they'd rather see characters with more history get what little airtime is left. IMO. LOL.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm loving all the Lucinda airtime, her character has been neglected from years. I can see they are getting her ready for a romance. I hate Craig always calling her 'old woman' considering they has sex 20 years ago. There is something sexist and just wrong about it.

• Members

Ummm, someone claimed that Van said that this was his last week taping, maybe it is staggered for the cast.

I was on SOC. I see lots of Luke/Reid fans have their hopes up that they end up together. Ah, I sense heartbreak on the horizon for these fans.

• Members

I will never agree with a statement about "earning" cancellation. CBS never seriously gave ATWT a chance, once the decision on GL was made. If all it takes to "earn" cancellation of a soap is a couple years of bad writing (not that I agree the writing is as bad as some people here think), every soap, and I do mean every soap, would have been cancelled long ago during a rough patch.

Anyway, I am up to last Wednesday's episode right now, which I liked. With that punch out of nowhere, Noah has really turned dark. Reid seems to be portrayed as the good guy now, which makes me think Luke-Reid may be endgame, which I'm fine with. Meg being the one who stole the methadone to implicate Emily was a brave choice. Lloyd Gold is turning out to be a good co-headwriter so far.

• Members

CBS and P&G are equally responsible for ATWT being cancelled. An ATWT actress even said so that P&G wanted out of the soap business. P&G didnt care to make changes when their two soaps got really bad. Instead the TPTB at charge were left to run the shows to the ground with P&G not giving a damn about their shows. CBS saw how P&G didnt give two shits about their shows and cancelled them.

• Members

I absolutely agree with your statements!

When Mickey Dwyer-Dobbin (MADD) left they did not replace her as head of soaps at P&G.

I didn't like MADD and she is responsible for a lot of the P&G shows problems. When she left,Goutman and Wheeler didn't have anybody to answer to. There was no Ed Trach or Robert Short to care about the shows and keep the EP's checked.

• Members

I feel PGP should have replaced MADD with Felicia Minei Behr. She had experience as a producer; she had clout w/in the industry; and she seemed to understand "back-to-basics" soap opera better than many others.

• Members

I'm so sick of Liberty lobbying for Gabriel to forgive his father, because "oh, poor me, I didn't get to know my dad, and you, well, you have a chance to"....... GMAFB. Craig is the worst father of the year, right next to James Stenbeck. Encouraging Gabriel to forgive Craig and let bygones be bygones is not only the stupidest thing I've ever heard, but it would basically seal Gabriel's fate; to either be Craig's little evil-doing minion for the rest of his life; or to be the wayward son who constantly tries to step out of his father's looming shadow *sough*PaulRyan*cough*... And BTW, nuLiberty sucks. And the wigs are beyond hideous. Or is that her real hair?

I cringe anytime Parker's on now, because he's constantly whining, obsessing, fretting, worrying, talking, sleeping, eating, dreaming of LIBERTY!! OMG... if someone were ever that engrossed in my well being, I would have worried about their mental health. And I hate how Parker has basically become her stepbrother/stalker/father-figure. If he's not obsessing over her, he's telling Gabriel to stay away because he's "no good" or voicing his overwhelming concern about her to Faith, Carly, Janet, anyone who will listen. It's obnoxious. I also don't like the new Faith/Liberty/Parker/Gabriel quadrangle. None of those characters have any chemistry with the other(s). Ben Levin's the best actor out of all 4, and he's not even that good. And while we're on Parker: cut the hair, dude.

Janet/Dusty: I just fast-forward them. I'm just so sick of Janet that I could barf.

FLOVE Lucinda/Elizabeth Hubbard. I could watch her all day long and never get tired.

The CarJack tension has been beautifully written (and acted); with great points of view for both characters. The "yours/my son" argument and the "Brad" jab were, by far, the finest fight-lines that CarJack has had in a long while. I know it might sound crude of me, but I wanted to high-five Carly after the Brad comment. :P

Someone give this lady a headwriting position....STAT!! ;)

Archived