ATWT: June 2010 Discussion

• Members

Speaking only for myself, aside from Barbara and Henry scenes (not so much Vienna and the baby), I don't really enjoy any of the stories at the moment, although I love Reid as a character. If people are finding something to talk about with ATWT at the moment I'm glad they're able to do so, whether it's about Nuke, or Reid and Luke, or someone else.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Going ahead and boring you with my opinion....

Seriously, as long as Lesli Kay agreed to come back, you'd think Goutman would show some appreciation and write something less whorish for her to play. The sad thing is, even working one day a week, she's working five times more than she has on B&B in years. And since when would Molly just allow that old man to throw her down and rape her? From a directorial stand point, whoever directed today should have cut out the shot of Silas swiping away the table settings...he looked like he was bussing the damn thing, not angrily preparing to rape someone.

While the entire Nuke/Ruke showdown was a SPD, could someone explain to me why Reid showed up for free eats...then proceeded to go all the way up to Luke's ROOM?

The "party" idea for Gabe was lame...but at least there was some drama at it. I caught a hint of Ben Levin acting...for a moment when he was ripping Faith, it seemed as if he really could be Craig's kid. I loved the little Carly/Lucinda moment (apparently, Lucy's decided to forgive Carly for schtupping Farm Boy). I liked Faith calling out Lily

And I loved seeing Carjack being all frisky today. Even if I was scratching my head at why they'd bother going to a party for a kid they don't necessarily like.

• Members

Poor Victor Slezak (Silas). Whenever he's on a soap (WT, GUIDING LIGHT, OLTL), he's always the Bad Guy. Just once before this genre disappears forever, I'd like to see him as a solid, upstanding human being who just happens to be a short-term character for the purposes of one storyline.

• Members
I'm still trying to figure out what could possibly be on those tapes that has Molly so upset. Holden rushing through the door before the deed was done proves that the time portal still works.

Maybe he knew that's where the "eats" would be.rolleyes.gif

• Members

^^^free food. He threw away his Hungry Man Dinner in favor of whatever Lily was serving up. He certainly didn't go there because he cared about "showing Gabriel a supportive family environment" or whatever Lily's guilt-ridden reasoning was for throwing the party. Reid's barely spoken to Lily and Carly (or Holden for that matter) and I don't even recall him talking to Gabe post-surgery.

I just thought it odd Reid walked into a party the host had no idea he was invited to, and then walked straight into Luke's room.

• Members

LOL, I had a feeling that I worded that in a way that it would be hard to get if your mind isn't as tainted as mine. I know what you meant by free eats, I was just answering your question.

I find it hard to believe that Luke could possibly be Reid's only option as far as a relationship is concerned. Yes, he's supremely inappropriate in most situations, but we've seen how appealing he can be when his defenses are down and he isn't hiding behind insults and one-liners. If a guy is willing to put up with the good and the bad and is also willing to try to get him to check whatever insecurities he has at the door, that would be a lovely story. Wishy washy Luke is too wishy washy. Reid needs a man he can devote himself to and who's going to be devoted to him. They should have kept Dallas around and had it revealed that he was gay. But then they'd feel obligated to explain why he didn't throw himself at Luke's behind once he came to town.

• Members

I've said it once, I'll say it again: if not for the fact that Jake Silbermann is clearly not cut out for this "acting thing," Noah would have made the better choice for Reid. Why? Because, Reid would have brought out a stronger Noah who sees his relationship w/ Luke as "toxic" and won't put up with anyone's b.s. (including his own) anymore.

• Members

Sorry for the outburst guys... it just seemed to be a real dividing point for everyone and it seemed not to be a huge thing in the big scope of things... like instead of people talking about which is better (and that's basically like talking about whether chocolate or vanilla ice cream is better, people like both for different reasons) we could talk more about what we have in common. It just seemed, to me anyway, that the Luke/Noah/Reid talk was just going around in circles and nobody would come to a consensus. I'm just frustrated about the show ending and how crappy its inevitably going to be under Goutman and Passanante, and just found the tributes to Helen and the show discussion more engaging than the same Luke/Nuke talk.

Just chalk it up to being another disgruntled soap fan... there are too many these days unfortunately :(

I haven't watched in a little bit because I can't catch it online where I live but I had a bit of extra time this summer to get back into it before it goes off forever... so I was just wondering what all the fuss and commotion was about. Will have to watch more, evidently before I start running my mouth...

again - apologies. Will read more and write less.

• Members

I know what you mean, ian...my heart sort of left ATWT many years ago, 1994 or 1995, and then it just kind of faded out a little more until Hogan killed it once and for all. I think the show has still had a lot of strong moments in spite of Hogan and Passanante and Goutman, sometimes because of them (rarely), but it does suck to realize that these people are going to probably give such a poor finale, with barely anyone coming back, and with stories which aren't exactly enthralling. Even GL at least had a lot of great returns.

I think that talking about the Nuke/Ruke stuff is a way to avoid some of the issues with the show right now but if you have anything to say about the show's past, when you started watching, your favorites, it would be nice to hear.

• Members

As I was watching it, I decided Lily must have told him to just go upstairs, as she was in the middle of her Holden freakout and Reid was being his usual (and recently foreshadowed) awkward self.

• Members

I guess I need a gratuitous hotdog/spring roll/bologna sandwich reference to slap me in the face...LOL.

Luke is the only Important Gay in Oakdale, don'tcha know? There are no adult male gays in Oakdale.

Ian, we all understand the frustration. It's June, and I still can't wrap my mind around the fact the show is ending in September.

• Members

Other than having the hots for Luke, I can't begin to imagine what Reid could find compelling about that whiny little bitch. I would love for Henry to finally come out. I think he and Reid would be a darling couple. Henry is extroverted, while Reid is introverted. They would balance each out.

LOL! I don't want Noah ten feet near Reid. Noah is even more wishy washy than Luke.

• Members

So after seeing this week's episodes...a few observations

1. Carly is being trashed and so is CarJack.

2. Molly and Holden a couple...ummmmm....no.

3. Reid and Luke will have a hidden relationship but Reid will choose his career over Luke...thus Luke going back to boring Noah....Well at least Reid makes the choice and Luke doesnt dump him.

4. Love La Hubbard

Archived