ATWT: June 2010 Discussion

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I continue to be a month behind, so here I am with comments which are probably too out of date to read...

I was very moved by Nancy's last scenes, as I guess most fans were. I actually thought the little speech by Katie about not being able to let Brad go yet was very tenderly written and Helen and Terri were both very good. Helen was a true star and professional to the end, in a way which so many in the business don't even try for these days. She gave her best in those scenes and helped elevate them. On a more selfish note, I was very pleased that in this last Nancy scene, there was FINALLY some acknowledgment of Nancy moving on after Chris passed away. They may not have mentioned Mac by name, but at least they admitted Nancy had been in love with another man after some time of mourning. The Nancy/Mac relationship meant a lot to me and I think it sent a very positive message that you can be happy in time with another partner, that it is not hurting the memory of the one you lost. While I know they only mentioned this in the context of Katie/Chris, I'm still glad this was addressed. I normally don't care about seeing Katie propping but I did respect the show for not having Nancy say that Katie and Chris are the new Nancy and...Chris. I am glad they instead had Nancy tell Katie she still wasn't ready to move on. And as always, Nancy was right. I think it would be better to have Katie still alone at the end of the show, with a possible hint of more with Chris.

I don't hate Chris and Katie but I just don't care about them. The scenes where a zonked out Chris mistook Allison for Katie were an embarrassment and the only real salvation was Allison making the same faces I was making -- :ph34r::blink::rolleyes:

It's nice to see more of Lucinda. I tend to agree with her about Craig. Jon Lindstrom is doing fine but I don't think Craig deserves a chance to screw up yet another child's life (and Craig used to be one of my favorites until this last decade), and since Gabe is basically a sullen waste of airtime I don't care about him either, and I definitely don't care about Lily's endless talk about the mistake they made and how wrong they were and blah blah blah. I will say that Liz and Noelle are very believable as mother and daughter -- perhaps because Noelle's Lily seems to me like exactly what Lily would have been with Lucinda as a mother. That's understandable, as it was understandable that Martha's Lily was more of a mix of Iva and Lucinda.

• Members

The fact Lily defends "Craig's rights" where Gabe is concerned and uses that as an excuse to lie for him sickens me.

It was kind of nice that Nancy got to acknowledge Mac in her last scenes.

• Members

Lily defending Craig to try to make herself feel better is pretty sad, although true to her character. Since the show is ending and I don't care about Gabe anyway I actually kind of wish that Gabe would somehow be killed or seriously damaged because of Craig. Then Lily would realize Lucinda was right, and Craig could walk the globe in penance or something.

Archived