ATWT: June 2010 Discussion

• Members

bumping back to the first page.

I think Sunday's double emmy win for my couple fogged my brain---I barely recall Monday's eppy at all, aside from the Em/Meg confrontation. Which I found creepy, enthralling...and just a tad too long. There have been shorter comas on this show lately.

Today was okay. Again, (and I seem like a broken record, I know) I'm loving CZP owning Babs's bitchiness and vulnerability.

Even if I don't love Chris and Katie, it's nice to see Cosgrove get some scenes to sink his teeth into as he stands up to Katie and calls her on her crap.

I wanna care about Paul/Em/Meg...but other than mentioning Meg's off to a facility near Iva and taking Momma with her...I don't really. I understand the need to give Meg a somewhat "sane" sendoff...but after yesterday, it feels like a cheat. Meg snapped out of her insane delusional state quick enough. *eyeroll*

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was thinking PJ must be over the moon with Maura and Michael winning!

Monday's show was alright. I think the only good part was Em/Meg.

Today's show was nicely written by Susan Dansby. I like how the scripts have gotten so much better but the whole stories themselves still suck.

CZP is always love.

I just can't stand the whole Chris/katie/Henry/Vienna/Casey/Ali storyline. It's one of the worse ever in the history of ATWT.

The whole Meg/Paul/Em wasnt that bad. I like the talk Paul and Meg had at the hospital and the whole Emma/Holden/Paul stuff. I am surprised Holden was on today. I also floved the scenes with Em and Barbara. Em calling Barbara..Babs.

Was today Marie Wilson's and Kathleen Widdoes last day?? Emma did mention sending Meg to a hospital in DC near Iva and that she(Emma) would be staying up there. So Emma and Meg move to DC with Iva??

• Members

I worked, so I didn't see it until Monday morning. Seriously...I freaked out. After Pinson's win, I figured Fate was a Cruel BITCH and my couple would be left out in the cold. (Still don't understand how Pinson won... *eyeroll*) I would have been thrilled enough if Michael had won (when's the last time a "good guy" won Lead? Like never?) but Maura's win was the cherry on top.

I haven't heard any official confirmation about Widdoes. But according to SOW, it was Wilson's last scenes.

• Members

Michael's first win. Maura's second. I was really pissed the year Chappell won Supporting and beat Maura. (I was also pissed the year Lesli Kay beat Maura, but at least they were on the same show). So that made it a bit sweeter IMO. :D

• Members

I dont know why but today saddened me abit, because everything felt so final. The way most of the stories ended today. Dont get me wrong--can't see NutMeg leave fast enough--but the goodbye with Paul was jarring. Then, we cut to Henry telling Babs he's going to raise the "little coleman" with Vienna, and Paul telling Emily (who actually managed tears today without that incessant humming) he wants to raise Eliza with her. Mixed with the melancholic music, it just felt like a final episode. *sigh* :(

Oh, I pretty much FF through most of the Katie/Chris scenes. Can't stand either of them or their insta-love story and if I focused on them it would have taken me completely out of the episode. Katie is still the desperate conniving bobblehead she was when she first blew into town...how is it that she is CONDONING what Vienna is doing to her supposed best friend? She's willing to go as far as giving up the goods to Chris just to shut him up. What...?? Stupid -_-

• Members

Oh, Katie, Twisted Piece of Ass that she is, was never really planning on givin' it up. Although it's clear to everyone she's got the hots for Chris, she knew he'd never "take advantage" even if she dry humped him in a g-string and pasties.

Katie's convinced herself that V and Henry "living happily ever after" is some kind of compensation for her and Brad's "great love" being cut short.

LOL...I don't even recall Em tearing up. If she'd hummed, I'd remember. ;)

• Members

Yeah I agree with you on all points. Even Babs saying to Emily that she was going to have a life. It kind of was an ending for the whole Emily/Paul/Barbara war since the 80's. Paul and Emily together and Barbara deciding to move on with her life.

• Members

I didn't get a sense of closure from those scenes. Mostly because I don't see Paul and Emily when I look at that characters. It isn't just that they are physically different, but their personalities are unrecognizable and that includes Meg. Barbara is the only one who remotely seems familiar.

Archived