ATWT: June 2010 Discussion

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Bob but his trying to 'sell' the hospital is silly. Hospitals have boards, Lucinda has a seat, and the chief of staff can't just sell out. Also, if they are short of cash, they should be using Luke's money for other things aside from Reid's wing. I'd love to see them try this on Grey's where there would be hundreds of lawsuits and the Mayor would get involved.

Never realized what a good writer DK was until he arrived. I'm not calling him perfect but he ended the vortex of suck that had become Oakdale. I bet they are using his 'bible' right up to the very end because it doesn't really feel like Jean P. is back in charge. I wonder, if given a few years, if DK could have turned the show around?

I have another issue: why is Emily a baby stealer? The kid is Meg's and, even those she is nutz, Em has no right taking the baby outright. I know she wanted a kid but this is all a bit extreme.

I am glad they are not bringing back Martha. She was a drama queen about her contract and would not take the cuts that MW, MP and everyone else had to take. Her episode count issue was a means via which to maintain her pay and create a star system. If anyone deserves more money, it would be West and Pinkson (who isn't even contract, who are on the show EVERY DAY. Roger Howarth was the only actor not to take a cut but that was only because CBS was worried about looking him to Frons which probably would have happened.

• Members

I'm not really sure what you mean by Em being a baby stealer. Meg is nuts. Em was formerly nuts, but she's done nothing that I think constitutes "stealing" Eliza. Being catty to Meg aside, she's only done exactly what Meg asked her to do, step up and be a mother figure to Eliza.

Not that I quite understand why this "break" of Meg's is so psychotic it couldn't be healed by a month in the looney bin (that's all it took for Em to be exonerated from shooting Paul and kidnapping Dusty.) Even if it does make Meg marginally more entertaining.

• Members

I posted about the ridiculousness of Bob selling the hospital. Yet this story could have been interesting if Lucinda had been involved. As a member of board, she could have been pushing the sale of the hospital with Luke, Kim, and Bob opposing her, while Reid remained neutral and in conflict with Luke about their personal relationship. This story should have been bigger and it would have been socially relevant.

ATWT was worse? Incredible.

Colleen Pinter tweeted that today is her last day filming as Barbara.

• Members

I had to laugh when Reid arrogantly told Bob that he didn't need no stinkin' recommendation because his reputation precedes him. I love Reid. Poor dude. His heart crushed, he was adorable sewing Jacob's teddy bear. Luke was ridiculous again today. At least, he really appeared to want Reid and was hurt that he was walking away from him. I don't know why Luke can't just tell Reid that he wants him and him alone.

How has Lucinda been brought down to this level? Lily is the worse. I'm so sick of her whining after Holden.

Based on a variety of tweets, today was the day of taping for ATWT.

• Members

Oh for Christ's SAKE...SHUT THE [!@#$%^&*] UP Liberty! I always want to scream when anyone defends Craig anyway...but the sheer stupidity coming out of her mouth just grates my last nerve.

That said, as much as I love Lisa busting Craig's chops...since when were Craig's children deemed "untrustworthy" simply for having his DNA? Everyone loves little Lucy. And like everyone would forget Johnny is St. Jennifer's child. That was uncalled for from her.

I don't get what Lily hoped to accomplish with her self-serving crappola...how many times has she taken the law into her own hands? True, I can't offhand recall her ending someone else's life, but she surely meant to when she tried to kill Diego Umberto moments after marrying him. To call Silas "innocent" knowing he'd already tried to kill Molly (and Jack) once is stupid. And what's with this coroner's report? Either it's already in the system or it's not. Lily ripping it up accomplishes nothing.

BARF---all things Janet. Now the master moocher is back living with Jack. Great. What would be wrong with staying with Teri until she figured something out? And all the BS about needing to "okay" Libby getting a job? Aaaargggh!

Unfortunately, I'm with Jack. Craig is probably trying to screw over Carly again. Can't Carly ever be successful...not even as the show winds down? But I really liked the Carly/Molly scenes. Honest.

• Members

I can't understand where Janet is coming from sometimes. So...she's upset with Dusty because he basically paid for her apartment and gave her a fat ass check? Why is this bad again...?!? Girl, please. Stop creating drama where there doesn't *have* to be. Money is tight...I would take that help in a new york minute.

Molly and her daily weeping is getting pretty tiresome too. I was actually rooting for Lily when she confronted her with the forensics report, shocking I know. It almost took me back to the old days when Molly and Lily were competing for Holden...or was it Molly and Katie competing for Holden...? Anyway it took me back to a better time. But she has reaaaalllly got to pull it together.

• Members

I am so hating ATWT as of late and it is for many of the reasons mentioned above. All Molly seems to do is cry! At least Emily is good at sobbing and making yelping sounds but LK just lets her eyes run like a river. I do love seeing Lucinda but even she seems out of character and annoying. Janet is a drama queen and should be thanking Dusty for all the help. Face it, she's knocked up with no pay check and not getting any younger. I hate how the writers are trying to make the contrast between Carly and Janet's ethics regarding money: Carly thinks and Janet bums money off Jack and Emma.

TPTB should have never done a recast on Liberty this late in the game. It would have been better to just let her die. Maybe Janet could have played proud and refused Dusty's help with the hospital care.

Also, TPTB shouldn't be letting Bob sell a hospital that he does not own!

• Members

I don't have a lot of attachment to Emily, so her "bad" stuff pisses me off and her "good" stuff normally bores me. (As much as I loved Hal, the Hal/Em marriage was a huge bore). I enjoy the Babs/Em bitchiness, but I don't particularly think KMH is a good actress, if that's what you mean. I believe all the nice stuff I've read about her. I've admired her fashion savy. I just get really annoyed by some of her acting habits, the wiping of the nose and the "hhhhhmmmmmnnnnnn"---ing thing she does when Emily cries.

I'd categorize it as Carly always being desperate and willing to do anything for a buck, (because she's not foolish enough to just trust "everything" will work out with a wish and a prayer) and Janet being extremely naive and relying on "the kindness of strangers, ex-lovers and people who simply wish to adore her"....but otherwise I agree.

I don't think Bob means he personally owns Memorial. Just that as El Honcho, he's responsible for seeing to Memorial's best interests.

Archived