ATWT: June 2010 Discussion

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did I say I thought it was perfect? Far from it. But it's the first time I've seen anything that remotely resembles a realistic relationship between two men on a daytime drama. It absolutely sucks that I have to feel satisfied with such crumbs, while they attempt to shoehorn Carly into our every orifice.

• Members

It made me vomit.

Jay's right, though. Next to OLTL's Kish (and even that story, IMO, was heavily flawed), LuRe is the closest any soap has come to delivering a romantic relationship between two men with genuine excitement and suspense. It's just a crying shame that it has to come now, w/ ATWT about to vanish, and a Nuke reunion almost guaranteed.

• Members

It's sad that with so little time left TIIC have wasted two entire episodes on the Craig/Ciccone Power Sucking Hour.

If I have to listen to another three months of Dusty earnestly declaring Janet "the best mother EVER!" while Craig fights for Gabe's love and respect---I may have a coronary.

• Members

I think that if ATWT wasn't coming to an end, we would have never gotten Reid or ESS. It would have been boring years and more boring years of the same Luke and Noah. The fact that JP is positively stunned that Reid could be so popular so fast shows the extreme limits of her and Goutman's imagination and creativity, that and the fact that DK is the one who created the character of Reid. It is a sad state, but as much as I have grown to love Reid, I'm glad that JP doesn't appear to have the time or inclination to destroy him before cancellation and Reid not ending up with Luke is a very good thing... for Reid.

• Members

ITA. During episodes like today's I find myself paying attention to very little of the episode. I just don't care about these characters. I know it's not a revelation, but it just shows how disconnected TPTB are from their audience.

• Members

The bright spots were Lucinda, Margo, Jack & Carly. I am so sick of Parker and his love s h i t affair with Liberty! Damn wha't's with this girl that Parker's hormones get in a knot when she isnt with him?...ugh!

Goutman is going to do his [!@#$%^&*] way ending. We are stuck with his pets....Dusty, Janet, Craig, Liberho......talk about suckage!!:rolleyes: I cringed when Janet and Dusty were all gaga about having a boy.

Dusty: Johnny is going to be so thrilled to have a brother. :rolleyes: Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh to the millionth......

So the setup has been put in motion...Jack is having his own flesh and blood son with Juicy. So now Carly is going to make Parker feel like [!@#$%^&*] and make Jack choose Perker over his true blood son...way to go Goutman.:rolleyes:

• Members

Also, why does a fox like Gabriel waste his time on Liberty? There must be some lower-maintenance, fun girls in Oakdale. I think it would have made an interesting angle if Gabe used his money to try and impress an older woman. I want to like Gabriel, but Liberty is a thorn in all of our sides, and personally, I thought Meredith Hagner did a much better job. My biggest problem with that whole teen scene is that they're all so troubled. They live the most fun-deprived lives of any teenager I've ever met.

I liked seeing Craig and Lucinda in the same scene, but it rang hollow. If they want to change a character (and I'm talking about you, Craig), at least make up your mind as to who he is. I haven't watched this show for as long as most of the rest of you guys, but it seems to me like Craig is either the bad guy or the saint depending on what the situation demands.

I actually kind of like Janet and Dusty. They seem to have something genuine together. I just wish they actually had something to do. I want to pay attention to their scenes, but it's basically the same conversation day after day.

• Members

God, I wish Carly woulda slapped the bejesus out Parker when he went on and on about Libby. FCOL, it's like he's her personal doormat. One minute it's "my BEST friend Parker", the next, she's horrified that he's protecting her from a blackmailing, screwed up DOUCHE like Gabe.

And BITE YOUR TONGUE....they've dropped more than enough hints that DUSTY will finally have a MYSON with his DNA.

Oh...and someone might want to remind CluelessCiccone that her daughter ALREADY has a little brother. His name is Jacob.

Did I mention I LOL when Faith called Libby a slut? Team Faith!

• Members

His return is shocking! I didn't think he would return. It will be a treat to see him.

Id slap Parker too....LOL. Gabe can have Liberho.

Dusty is the daddy?? Hmmmm....I are u positive?? :unsure:

I'd like Faith to wind up with Parker...ie...relationship...bf/gf.

Btw...soapcentral board also hates the Ciccone women!!

Archived