ATWT: June 2010 Discussion

• Members

You and I are so on the same page right down to your Goutman comments: He is capable of putting out a good show when he makes the effort and is still better than show-killer Raunch. Today's episode was the best ATWT I've seen in years. Gone is the 3/2 production model and Oakdale is finally a community again. Again, Lucinda was on the show again meaning that TPTB finally understand what a gem she is. I was pretty suprised that a cancelled show went out and spent a fair amout of money for the sound track for that montage. They never made this sort of effort when the show was still signed to the network which tells me that Gotman hasn't given up hope on trying to get the show sold. I wish he could but it all seems a little to late in the game. I actually like the fact that the show is still going on and that TPTB have not moved to tie up all the loose ends. A three month good bye-fest would have been annoying plus I want to think of Oakdale still going on out there somewhere in some virtual reality.

ATWT is currently quite good and the best soap on CBS. I agree with your point that we posters don't always give credit where credit is due.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's funny last year at this time I knew GL was ending and I pretty much couldn't wait til the finale because I was totally done with GL years before. With ATWT, it feels odd that its ending at summer's end. Sure it hasn't been as good as it was last summer and fall and I haven't been on top of it as much as I want too but it's just something I noticed between the two shows.

• Members

I kinda/sorta liked today. It was nice to see Tom not immediately jump down Casey's throat upon hearing he might have knocked a girl up. I FLOVED the Henry/Barbara stuff. Meg's at least interesting, even if I could care less about Paul's latest woman dilemma.

Coulda done without the lame Chris/Katie stuff. I just don't GAS if Katie "opens her heart again" a mere eight months after her husband's death. I love Danny Cosgrove---and normally, he has chemistry with a brick wall. But he is severely miscast as the suddenly straight arrow-ish Chris and there is NO chemistry whatsoever with Teri C.

• Members

Most Lure fans are saying Reid deserves better than bitchy Luke. Luke and Noah deserve each other.

As for today's show..mix bag....floved Barbara....The Meg ending was expected but yet good....I dont buy Katie is up to being [!@#$%^&*] again. I mean really Brad just died and she want to open her legs wide open again??

Jake Silbermann can't act thats why.

• Members

Noah deserves better than Luke. I don't see why Noah should be ridden out of town on a rail for doing EXACTLY what Luke has done in the past. At the very least Luke sent Noah mixed messages---every time Noah said "I need time", Luke threw a hissy fit and staunchly declared his love and his intention to wait. Even AFTER he started having feelings for Reid, he played the devoted boyfriend, then tried to back off to being "just friends" and then when Noah got his sight back, he was all "I LOVE YOU NOAH"...even though he had kissed Reid FIVE seconds before. Luke doesn't know what he wants, and yet he expects both men to wait around for him to figure it out. And then thank him for the privledge. If that was a woman, everyone and their mother would call her a slut.

• Members

*snort* I gotta admit, I rewound Noah sucker punching Reid a couple of times. The one thing I hate most about this show is how at some point, everyone rewrites history and then acts like that is REALLY what happened. Reid is now selling this garbage that he's seen Noah blame poor little Lukey for his blindness. Or that somehow Reid demanding Luke stay out of his way and by extension Noah's life wasn't coercive and controlling on his part (oh, no...now Reid just says "you didn't have to do that..." *eyeroll*)

I'm glad Noah punched Reid. Reid's deserved it for a long time. And did you see...five seconds after Luke told Noah he no longer had the right to weigh in on who he saw...Luke was back in Noah's face, asking him if he still wanted to have a say in what Luke did. Luke is playing BOTH men.

• Members

Reid was just telling Noah the truth. Something he isn't willing to accept. Nuke relationship is toxic. Both want it their way or no way. I think they are both at fault.

Luke sure wants both men fighting over him.

It was lame Bob's speech about getting involved with Luke. Reid brought up some good points about previous affairs at Memorial. I guess Bob forgot his affair with Susan.....lol.

I think Reid will do fine on his own. I see him and Luke doing the secret relationship but Reid choosing being chief of staff over Luke. Thus pissing off Luke and telling Noah he was the only one....oh well...they deserve to be in the hell of misery in their relationship.

• Members

I loved Reid today. I cheered as he put Noah in his place. I then cracked up when he was making obnoxious comments to Mona. I also laugh when Reid said getting hit was just how it was with him. Hysterical.

Today proved again that Reid is too good for Luke. Noah and Luke need to be together. Luke has no taste and isn't running into Reid's arms and Noah, well he is just a dumbass.

Bob is so ridiculous. The amount of inappropriate sex that has happened in that hospital over the years, but I guess, it is an obstacle for Reid and Luke. Reid has got to find a new man.

As much as it pains me to admit this, when Reid and Luke caress each other's faces and then move in for a kiss, it is sweet and hot at the same time.

• Members

And I get that. But Noah was also right...that relationship is about more than the last six months (or so) of Noah's blindness, wherein Noah has taken ALL of Luke's whiny, narcissitic CRAP as he flitted from cause to cause, job to job, and tried to smother Noah with his "my way or the highway" need to control seemingly EVERY facet of the relationship and Noah's life in general.

Reid doesn't get a pass to "speak the truth" and not take responsibility for his own actions. If memory serves, Reid kept taunting Luke about "his boyfriend Noah" right up to the point they "accidently" kissed. So even though Reid might not have been out to "steal" Luke away, he did in effect poach his patient's boyfriend.

Well, he's Lily's son.

As for the whole Bob/ethics thing...I think Bob made it clear Reid's relationship with a donor when he was in charge of how that donation was used/utilized is what's inappropriate. Screwing Luke isn't the problem. He just can't do it and head the new wing (or whatever it is..) That's the difference in the Bob/Nancy&Chris and Reid/Luke situations.

Even historically, Lucinda was on the hospital board (and a generous contributor) throughout her marriage to John. But he wasn't in charge of how her donations were used.

Archived