ATWT: June 2010 Discussion

• Members

I don't believe you're owed an explanation, but I'll try to help you understand. I can't speak for anyone else, so for me, not liking Luke and Noah as a couple is more complex than just "I don't like them, and that's all there is." There are characters and stories that I don't like and will not post about because I just do not care (Craig's crap, whatever's going on with Holden and Lily right now, etc). Luke and Noah are different because they're part of something that I'm very passionate about, the depiction of gay characters on television, so whatever the show has them do, I'm going to have a strong opinion of it, positively or negatively. And if I want to share my opinion, I will. Also, another reason why I think a lot of us pay close attention to what the show does with these two characters is because so much publicity and attention has been given to them and the belief that they are a "supercouple," so, as people who don't subscribe to that belief, we do take pleasure in pointing out what makes branding them a supercouple such a ridiculous thing.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is. Honestly, I think that a lot of us would be just apathetic towards Luke and Noah if not for the insistent fans who would have you believe that they reached supercouple status within, like...a year and a half. When any couple is given that treatment, there will be tons of detractors who are completely just in their detracting. Are you serious? Luke and Noah, the "gay Bob and Kim?" Are you SERIOUS?!

But I don't have the time right now to get into this just yet. I'll be back later. And I do find it fitting that this discussion is happening on the third anniversary of Noah's first appearance. For goodness sake, the kid's only been on the show for three freaking years, all of which have been under a headwriter and executive producer who are almost universally disliked. Yet he's half of a supercouple. Whatever, man. Whatevarrrrr.

• Members

You shouldn't be surprised. Guess you haven't recovered from the warm reception that ESS got at the ATWT luncheon. It must have made you crazy since you were so worried about him being in put in an awkward position and all. LOL!

I'm glad that ATWT is done if only to shut up the rabid online fanbases who have contributed to the crap that ATWT has become.

• Members

Don't try to give me opinions I've never had! I never wanted or hoped that ESS would be badly treated at the luncheon. Knowing how some fans are I expressed a concern that that might be the case, nothing else.

Frankly I don't know why I even bother trying to explain this to you. You'll probably just respond with something equally childish again, since that seems to be what you excel at. :rolleyes:

• Members

Eh, you are just ticked off that ESS got a good reception at the ATWT luncheon like most of us expected and he wasn't booed like you hoped. You think that anyone doesn't like Luke and Noah and calls you out on your weird fixation on them and dislike for ESS is childish. My advice, find another soap couple to obsess over. ATWT is OVER.

LOL! Katie is horrible so the singing must be absolutely horrific.

Archived