Emmy submissions-Best show

• Members

According to TV Guide:

GL submitted their final episode

One Life to Life submitted what TV Guide calls "an achingly awful riff on Grey Gardens"

AMC submitted the "Who shot Stuart" episode

Days submitted the "Death of baby Grace" episode

Young and the Restless submitted episode where Colleen's heart is given to Victor

As the World Turns submitted the Valentine's Day episode

General Hospital submitted the episode with the car crash from the Winter Carnival

Bold and the Beautiful submitted the episode with the death of Ann

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First, you need to get off your ass and go watch the Grey Gardens documentary, and then, watch the TV Movie starring Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange. :)

Second, the OLTL sequence was Blair dreaming that she'd become an old maid with Dorian. Nothing remotely Emmy worthy, IMO.

• Members

TV Guide says that GL should have submitted something with the "steaming hot lesbians"

It says AMC's submission is "visually sylish but not strong enough(the ham acting doesn't help)" Me: nor does the horrid writing

It calls the Death of Baby Grace episode "a stunning and cathartic sobfest"

It calls ATWT's Valentine's episode a "dippy charmer"

Their best bet is going to GH which puts other soaps to shame with its artistry and sophistication, and Bold and Beautiful, which it calls "Glorious profound work that might bring Betty White a supporting nod". The world knows she's a comedy legend. B&B knows she's one hell of a drama queen.

• Members

Was that the stunt episode where Jason walked away dramatically and Edward ran his car into that godawful character Martha Byrne played? That's about as artistic as Gallagher.

B&B's episode was such blatant Emmy bait and from what I saw of it I think it was a little too obvious in that respect.

• Members

Yep. This is GH's award to win. They spent the most money, they have the most compelling reel of everyone on that list.

I have to disagree with you Carl. In terms of what is achieved in daytime, it was very artistic. Looked great in HD, was mostly outdoors instead of in some ridiculous studio setting, and was beautifully directed by the team with various overhead/crane shots. That alone will seal the deal and get JFP back on that stage.

I certainly hope JFP's picking out her Emmy Dress and writing that acceptance speech.

• Members

Too bad it's not 7 days a week. Frons needs to get on that, pronto. General Hospital WEEKENDS! :P

Don't forget...

" ^_^ Well this was expected! -_- "

And a drunkass Michele Val Jean yelling "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

:lol::lol::lol:

• Members

Archived