Emmy submissions-Best show

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, what else is GH good for these days?! Not their predictable stories. But they are really no different from any other show these days. Might as well watch the show that looks good and is well acted/directed/has good dialogue.

If I'm gonna watch a show for "the scenes," might as well stick with the show that has the best ones.

There probably won't be a televised Emmy Awards.

• Administrator

OLTL's choice was stupid! Really, Valentini?

Yup, that's the episode. I hope the voters laugh at "Jason's walk of pain" and they lose points for that. :lol:

Who I think will get nominations based on those episodes:

GH

AMC

B&B

Y&R

I hope DAYS gets a nod wins Best show because I liked the writing in that episode better than GH's directing in the carnival episode. Plus, I'd rather root for Tomlin than JFP. Heck, I'll even root for the Bells to take JFP down. LOL

• Members

I think Y&R will be shut out for a third year in a row, or at least that will make my year. Ever since Maria took over, they've been denied nominations in Writing and Best Show. :lol:

Victor getting Colleen's heart was horrific, and the episode wasn't even that emotional or obvious Emmy-bait material. If they couldn't win Best Show for Cassie's death, which trumps anything Maria and her team could ever write or produce, they won't win with this albatross.

B&B's Ann's death episode was more Emmy-bait than Y&R's submission, which, less face it, is all voters care about anyway.

Judging by that, it's either GH or B&B for the win...

• Members

Beth Maitland made Colleen's death work, but it wasn't very good. I DO think they had some strong episodes to submit, but Maria is continuing the long held Y&R tradition of picking the wrong tape for their submission reels.

• Members

I'm surprised they didn't pick the lousy, poorly acted episode where Billy boozed it up and was passed out in the gutter. That seemed like nothing more than attempts to hide behind an Emmy.

• Members

Well both shows have plenty of gay innuendo.

I don't think BETTY WHITE!© is gonna matter much to people in daytime. If this story were as edgy and as heartbreaking as Storm killing himself to give his dying sister his heart, then I could absolutely see B&B winning this again. The bottom line is that the location shoot wasn't all that great, neither was the directing(which some of it looked like an elderly abuse PSA), and neither was Betty White.

I also think that the ABC Shows and Y&R voting for each other will keep Betty White out of Supporting Actress. But if she's nominated, she will definitely win. No question. She may end up being the Lifetime Achievement Recipient, having worked on B&B, I think she has another soap credit under her belt, and she has appeared on multiple network and syndicated game shows. If she's not nominated, then her, as a Lifetime Achievement Recipient will definitely be the hook to bring in viewers.

But UGH, just that name and her overexposure are annoying the piss out of me. :rolleyes:

• Members

What?!? The hell you say! In the words of Craig Ferguson, "To say ‘I don’t like Betty White’ is kind of like declaring that you’re a member of al-Qaeda."

Seriously though, I understand your annoyance but I love seeing a truly talented - not to mention elderly - actress get her props instead of some overrated mannequin like Julia Roberts. Plus even Betty White has said she's tired of hearing about Betty White so you're in good company.

I'm gonna go ahead and call B&B as the Emmy winner. Face it, you can't fight the power of Betty. :lol:

Archived