Emmy submissions-Best show

• Members
No. It was the same year though. What B&B won the Emmy for was back-to-back episodes revolving around Storm's Suicide and then Katie's Heart Transplant.

LOL. I saw her saying that on Regis and Kelly and I was like, "Hell yeah, I'm sick of hearing about you.

No doubt Betty White is uber-talented, versatile, and just a fun actress. I just don't like her overexposure. Trying to stay away from as much of it as possible, because I plan on getting the complete Golden Girls series on DVD someday and I want to like [Dorian]all my girls.[/Dorian]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the acting in the Storm story was very good but I didn't like the message of the story, that it's noble to commit suicide, especially since they gave Katie such awful stories afterwards.

I don't remember the carnival episode that well. I trust your opinion on GH so I will have to go back and watch. I just remember being annoyed with some of the stories at the time.

• Members

I don't remember. But it was the episode where Baby Ian was in the hospital and I think had flat lined for a few seconds. Then Zach gives Kendall the "nod" and makes her way to Chandler Mansion. We then find most of the townspeople, including Kendall, at Adam's where everyone has a gun and a motive to kill him. It was directed really well. The follow up episode, not so much. I forget who directed that one, but it wasn't Tessinari.

• Members

I HATED that Y&R episode. It was so atrocious and an even more blatant Emmy-attempt than B&B's Ann Douglas death. At least that looked good ande a nice weekly story. Colleen's heart for Victor not so much. The only good thing about it was Beth Maitland.

That said, I think Y&R would deserve an Emmy nod for last year which was overall not too crappy, IMO.

• Members

The Betty White stuff is aggravating me too, and it's not even Betty herself that annoys me, it's all of the random people who are all of a sudden these huge fans of hers because she's currently in vogue. To paraphrase Barbara Mandrell, I liked Betty when Betty wasn't cool. I've watched numerous episodes of Life with Elizabeth and laughed my ass off.

Anyway, these submissions are ridonk. GH will win, but IDGAF. That show's been ish on a communion wafer since the day I started watching soaps.

• Members

I, for one, could not stand the ATWT Valentine's Day episode. Didn't they submit a stand-alone episode last year, too? I don't get the logic. It's not like this episode was any better than a typical episode. All that it features is actors on the show getting to act as if they were performing for a class of kindergartners.

• Members

Ugh. GL should have used one of the episodes from when Philip returned. The only time the show was good in 2009.

OLTL should have used one of the episodes from March when Cole/Matthew and Gigi/Shane had the car crash, and Blair was stabbed or the episode where Viki persuaded Bess to give up Hope.

DAYS did a good one.

Y&R's choice sucks.

Don't really mind the rest.

• Members

I would like for General Hospital to win this year. Despite the mob nonsense that drives me insane, the show is visually stunning, extremely well acted, and the dialogue is so well written. The carnival episodes were great. They provided an eerie feeling, they were very well acted, and the sets were great.

I was thinking they might submit the episode where Claudia kidnaps Carly, as well, but I think the Carnival is a GREAT choice and could maybe just win them the emmy.

Days submissiion is good too. OLTL's is HORRIBLE. AMC's is decent, but it is not going to win them anything. Guiding Light's last episode could get a nomination because it WAS the last episode.

The death of Ann was great, and I could see them getting nominated for that too.

My predictions:

Sure-Lock Nominees:

General Hospital

Days of Our Lives

Possible Nominees:

Guiding Light

The Bold and the Beautiful

All My Children

Who I predict will be nominated:

General Hospital

Days of Our Lives

The Bold and the Beautiful

Who I WANT To be Nominated:

General Hospital

Days of Our Lives(Though I wouldn't mind seeing The Young and The Restless take DAYs slot...The Colleen episode made me really emotional, and was well acted IMO, so it is a good pick, despit how shitty the show has been)

The Bold and the Beautiful (Same as Y&R. IMO, this was the last good episode B&B had, and hasn't had a good one since.)

*Wouldn't mind seeing GL take this spot from B&B...The last episode was pretty good...Not sure if it had enough WOW factor to snag a nomination, tho.

Who I WANT to Win:

General Hospital

• Members

Interesting. I also though Betty White might be chosen as the Lifetime Achievement Award recipient based on the same reasons you pointed out. However, I actually think that NATAS has chosen Susan Lucci based on these comments by Jim Romanovich.

The "something else" in the last quote would be the tribute to La Lucci. We shall see.

• Members
What "emotional impact?" Viewers, aside from the random here and there scenes with Stephanie and Ann, barely got to KNOW the Ann character other than the fact that Ann allowed Stephanie to get the sh*t beat out of her on a regular basis by her father. And we're supposed to care that she died? :rolleyes:

And you want to talk about GH and their "stunts"? What the hell would you call this? Riding the BETTY WHITE!© gravy train, using death yet AGAIN to build some sort of compelling reel, all amid some boring beach location shoot. If that's not a "stunt-driven" reel, then call me crazy, but I don't know what the f*ck is.

And look, Michael Stich is a brilliant director when he tries. But these episodes were not moving, overacted, and a hot mess.

I mean, if you're gonna call a spade a spade, then don't try to pass off B&B's nonsensical, pointless, stunt-driven, "Special Guest Star" death as an ace of hearts. B&B did the exact same thing GH did. The unfortunate thing for B&B is that GH always outstunts them and everyone else in daytime.

Archived