Emmy submissions-Best show

• Members
This should be interesting if she IS the Lifetime Achievement Recipient.

Also, CBS has no control over the program, given that Romanovich's company "leased" the two hours from their lineup, as they did with the CW last year. So you may be onto something.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Couldn't disagree with Michael Logan more. B&B's "Ann dying" episodes were only there as Emmy bait. Yeah, many shows do that - and even B&B did it extremely well in the "Ann abuses Stephanie" episodes from a few years ago. But this Ann dying nonsense? The episodes had ZERO continuity and made ZERO sense. The overriding issue was underwritten by the B&B writers themselves. Ann doesn't want to die in a hospital. Get that - great story. Ann then collapses - and helpless Pam can't reach Steph. Better yet. Then Pam takes Ann to the hospital where the doctor clearly - and in awful stilted dialogue delivered by a worse actress - makes is 100% clear that whatever Ann's fatal issue is, the new issue can be cured in a few days, and then Ann can die at home, the way she wants.

WHAT? To me, that destroyed all the drama, and made the whole episodes even more clear that the only reason they existed was to bait the Emmys. Because Pam made sense, Steph raged... there was total conflict... that was never resolved until we were at the beach for a dreamy resolve.

To me, only AMC rated worse.

• Members
EXACTLY!

The problem with Brad's storytelling is that he gets fixated on one plot, on one story and then he has to repeat that over and over and over again.

"Ratings are down...the Ridge/Brooke/Taylor thing worked once before, let's do it again!"

"Storm's death got us an Emmy last year...we'll kill off Betty White this year."

I mean, it's his same pattern. The problem is, though, is that for every daring and interesting story idea Brad or the team comes up with, there are five others that suck really bad.

• Members

But GH actually has the BUDGET to pull off good stunts.

And their stunts don't only consist of some cockamamie family member dying. They actually blow up said cockamamie family member in a warehouse or have them plowed over by a luxury caqr at a carnival.

• Members

But still, its a stunt to garner an emmy.

I really dont see anything wrong with it cuz GH usually pulls it off and makes it fun to watch (the last two years not so much). I dont see anything wrong with any show doing it because the emmys are given on one episode. I just dont think B&B should be condemned for trying the same thing that worked for them last year when GH has proven that it works.

GH really needs to work on their stunts. the train crash, hotel fire, metro court, virus... all amazing. the ball and the carnivale? i thought they were a bore.

Archived