OLTL: Discussion for the week March 29

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ford is clearly overcompensating for the fact that he's gay. Trust me, we'll find out during the next Sweeps period. That's why Kish were shown the door, after all; only two people at a time are allowed to be gay in Llanview.

LMAO!!!!!

• Members

Sometimes I seriously think that each of the writers jots down the stupidest thing they can think of, then they tack them on the wall and throws darts at them to see which one will be their next storyline. lol

• Members

Hahaha.

This show is a disaster right now. But you just can't stop watching. It's like driving by a car accident. You know you shouldn't look, but you just can't help sneaking a peek to see exactly how bad it is.

• Members

Yeah the show is awful. So many of the stories are so bad right now. They need to give Ron a co-headwriter or something.

I guess I should be glad Kish is ending, if the rest of the show was good, I might stick around, but that with this crap that's on my screen.

• Administrator

Maybe I shouldn't have said "original" because who knows what Ron's "first idea" was. But I do know that it was planned that, yes, Roxy turned out to be Rex's father. I didn't realize this was leaked as a "rumour". LOL When was it leaked and who leaked it? I know Nelson knew about the story in the fall, so I'm guessing he leaked it out? Did the "rumour" also say who Rex's mother was?

I honestly would've prefered this transexual storyline over the shit we got. Ilene Kristen would've knocked it out of the park.

• Members

soapgods be praised, ain't that the truth! As far as he knew he was all alone in the world, since the man's mother committed suicide and every conversation was about Gigi. The writer can't see any other character when they stick some poor loser in Rex or Gigi's orbit. I've never understood why the writers never explored Gigi's relationship with her parents. She took Stacy's word for it they were dead (which becomes another Mememememememememe moment for her. She got to eat up sympathy as an orphaned child, but I'd have much rather had family conflict with Gigi finding out that her parents were alive but didn't want anything to do with her while Rex was around - or that they embraced her and Shane and still hated Rex. Anything other than Stacy and the baby crap.

And by 'gave up a lot', that means everything he's ever loved. That was the point I made earlier. Starr and Cole's teen pregnancy drama makes them 'classic' and 'fairytale' instead of all-too-common and heartbreaking. Marrko loving Langston enough to hear that he was going to burn in hell for loving and standing against his father and GOD (and in that order) just wasn't enough for her ... K.

+5 Except, can we give Marrko credit for being exceptionally remarkable in the sense that it's tough to hang on to the bus you're under when the frackin' writers keep using it to back up over you before it drives off again? It's insult upon injury time and time again.

The 8+ characters who would go if I had my way:

Cole/Starr/Langston/Markko. Even though OLTL and most soaps don't have long to go, thinking of these four as the future of One Life is enough to make me tune out NOW.

Dani leaves. Todd grows a heart and realizes that she is miserable around him and that she needs to be with her 'father'. He agrees to allow Ross to raise Dani, who shows Todd love for the first time, and Ross agrees to let Dani come back on occasion to visit.

Marty/John... They go off screen to have their kid and take care of it. Cole and Starr move close to them (in D.C. where John goes to work with the FBI again). Cole and Starr finish college.

Gigi/Rex/Shane... her parents are alive - no conflict, they all move back to Texas.

Buh bye Ford and Hannah... I was nice never knowing ya'.

I thought Kelly's return would be awesome. It.Is.NOT. Either bring Kevin back for her or get rid of her.

More than eight I know, but I had to clear the canvas. Why?

RJ returns! He's been sorely needed Tea needs a real love interest. I wouldn't mind seeing RJ become protective of Layla after what's happened to Van. She would be like a daughter to him and with Rachel back, she would be a bit jealous of uncle's fatherly behavior toward Layla (or heaven forbid that they become actual FRIENDS!)

I would also bring Andrew and Cassie back.

That also means we'd have been able to keep Schuyler, Oliver, Kyle, and Kim.

BTW, I like the idea of Dorian and Charlie (even after everything they've been through. Is it too much like Mel? I dunno, but it would be nice to see Dorian feel real remorse for what she'd done to Charlie and make amends)... falling in love with him along the way.

I'm a sucker for Viki and Clint.

• Members

Now that I think about it, I don't think she ever did.

She always referred to the body as a creep, lowlife, scum, etc.

I don't remember hearing a him.

Allison Perkins was in a coma for all this time? If so, then maybe that's where they were going.

But that would have been too much, maybe I could have bought it on Passions. :lol:

• Members

Ooh - I like it. But I have no idea why. Why do I find Mitch over the top and awful yet Allison is over the top and fun?

Norrthcafe - Thanks for bringing up the Gigi's parents issue. With all you can find on the internet you would think one of the first things Gigi or at least Shane would have done is look up information on their accident and death. Too many things fall through the cracks these days.

• Members

Blair and Elijah having sex everywhere

What does it matter when all they jolt down on the paper is Rex's Daddy stories.

You know the show is in trouble when Starr and Cole's story makes more sense than Rex and Gigi's or TeenMessica and Cris.

Marty and John aren't exciting but they are inoffensive unlike this Jolie reunion they are trying to shove down our throats on the heels of Jarlie's unnecessary demise.

Ford has to be the most useless gutter swipe on this show. Is he related to Antonio?

RC doesn't have any earthly idea on what to do with her. She isn't fitting in well.

Poor Layla. Rachel should still be on this show and damn tptb to hell but this was the perfect time to make them friends. Instead, Rachel was ushered off with the most disgraceful inconsequential exit and Layla is next up as prime roadkill. As soon as Schuyler's carcass is scraped off of the road she'll take his place so Cris and Jess can be free to for their twuest wub forever n always xoxo etc. I expect Layla to hold Jessica hostage at gun point next month as they rush to usher her off the show.

You would never get a job in Klanview like that.

Archived