OLTL: Discussion for the week March 29

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But I missed the part about where they got baby Rex, did Allison just nab him from the nursery? If Bo's the dad, I wonder what character they'll bring back from the past to be the kid's mother. Wouldn't it be funny if Ilene Kristen still ended up playing Rex's mom? She could play her old character Georgina in a dual role. :P This show is getting more and more like Big Business. :lol:

• Members

Damn, they did an amazing job with the Schuyler/Rex backstory. Thank GOD they didn't make them brothers but I'm SO mad that Schuyler won't reap the benefits in this storyline. :(

Layla had some FIERCE eyes today :wub:

About David Gregory, he's a good actor and he could be utilized elsewhere. I mean, if they plan on keeping him, they better give him a conscience one of these days. We're nearing Stacy timing with him where they had the chance of redeeming her but it was only a few months too late. Ford isn't a villain IMO, just a pig, and pigs don't last long.

• Members

Jessica was driving me up a wall today, the squealy voice, the Jan Brady walk, and as someone (catsmeouch?) said last week, she is more like teen Tess.

I thought Layla looked so soft and pretty today.

• Members

It would take some crazy balling his eyes out revelation of abuse or something to make me feel for Ford, but honestly, I think it would be more admirable if the show didn't try to manipulate us into caring for him. Sometime's a creep is just a creep (which is probably why I don't like Ford because he reminds me a lot of someone I know in real life who has no intentions of being a "better person" and makes no apologies for his skeeviness).

• Members

Don't we already have this character in Todd? Today's version of Todd, when he isn't moping, is written as being an pig and we're supposed to get all horny because he's so unabashed about it. Oh look, he uses air quotes to dismiss gang rape, wow, he openly leers at women...what a stud.

I actually wish I did hate Ford or see him as a scoundrel but he's just so dull and generic. His body is generic, his acting is forgettable, and he has less than zero chemistry with Langston.

• Members

Well I don't mind the Todd similarity (or Ford anymore even, to be honest) because I don't believe that Ford will be around for too long. If I'm wrong, I will merely tune him out, I have no problem tuning out Langston. As long as he doesn't end up being a Lord/Buchanan/Cramer, I'm good. I wonder sometimes if Ford will turn up dead.

• Members

Given how OLTL manages to ruin just about every legacy character it would be fitting if he did end up as a Lord or Buchanan. Say hello to Powell, Sarah/Flash, Jessica, Joey, Duke, Drew, et al.

I don't know how long Ford will be around and I'm glad that his story is generally limited to Langston but I still don't know why they completely ruined her character just for this story that seems to believe viewers get off on a Ken doll douchebag using young women for sex and turning them into headcases. Someone seems to believe that viewers will only be interested if stories are about women being degraded as much as possible.

• Members

All true. Could it be that someone sees Langston as dead weight and this will be her way out of town? I surely felt the distance between her and the Cramer women the day of Melinda's passing/her first crazy rendezvous with Ford.

• Members

That could be true. Either that or giving her this story is her way of getting into the big time. Marginalizing and probably writing Markko out, and turning Langston into yet another figure who can't control herself and exists only so men can turn her out. That and mentally ill and victim are the default modes for a lot of the women in Llanview.

• Members

So Gigi was with both Rex and Schuyler and it never came up that they were born on the same day? Give me a break. Also now they have to backtrack to explain that Mitch, who isn't Rex's father, was a perfect bone marrow match for Shane, Rex's kid. This is getting sillier and sillier.

Archived