OLTL: Discussion for the week March 29

• Members

This will be totally random, but please amuse me. I know you have many ideas for this show and many opinions on what was good for the show and what was detrimental, so I was wondering ... if you could pick a year to start over from, erasing all the history that came after, what year in OLTL history would you start at?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would start over from 1993 or 1994. Viki's 9 personalities and the murder of Victor were superb stories but not worth the horrors since put onto her family since then. This would also be the time to save Tina, and to not have Todd as the Lord heir.

• Members

Viki's DID was good stuff, but I don't think Todd as the Lord heir was ever very good. The only real highlight was a few good scenes between Viki and Todd which by 1997 descended to Viki as the living Tea prop.

I would stop history right at the time David used the forged diary to clear Dorian of murder charges. Then start rewriting from there. They could still do the abuse story or the DID story but under different circumstances. In circumstances which did not help create an atmosphere that told the show raping and torturing the Lord women was a default way to tell a story.

He's not that great an actor or very charismatic. I'd rather they keep CJ away. Look at how pointless Sarah/Flash was. They wouldn't know what to do with CJ. He'd just be yet another of the a$$holes or stooges who make up most of OLTL's leading men.

• Members

Oh, ITA with you there. These writers don't seem to know how to handle any returning character (major or minor). They have managed to to somehow mess up all the familiar faces/characters that have come back so far the last few years.....no need for them to do any further damage.

• Members

I would do the same here. Re-write Viki's DID story, with Victor still molesting her, but keep Dorian as Victor's killer because she was protecting Viki. Todd becoming the Lord heir isn't necessary. I don't even think there needs to be a "Lord heir."

Archived