Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Awesome finale.... I gotta side with Kim on this one. I feel so bad for her, bc Taylor totally started it that night. They all know Kim can't do confrontation, especially when they gang up on her, so it was a recipe for disaster! I feel for Kyle too, because I know Kim hasn't been all roses throughout their life... just wish Kyle hadn't exploded like that in front of cameras with the personal stuff.

At least Adrienne was thrown in the mix a little tonight. As funny as she is with Paul in their own scenes, I feel like she hasn't been part of any drama, and she usually stays quiet during group scenes. She's the richest, so she'll probably be back, but she better plan for a storyline for Season 2! Anyone else notice how horrible the editing was on Adrienne's final shot when they freeze the camera and put the update text next to her face?!? You see her face, and then all of a sudden you see the photoshop version just slide right in... it was the worst editing ever! Go back and rewind and look at her face, then it freezes and the first sentence of text comes up, and then photoshop comes over and her face is rounded, shiny, and different!

I can't wait for the reunion! I need to know what happened with Lisa and Cedric!!!

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The only problem I had with BH... they had to drag out that New York drama because that was the ONLY thing that really happened that affected them all together as a group. Every episode, they had to beat the dead horse NY trip just to muster up any sort of fiesty drama. And that all started because of one thing Camille THOUGHT she heard that was not even caught on camera.

Next year they need to get to know each other all better and create juicier storylines.

Anyway - so ready for the reunions - they are always awesome.

Edited by alwaysAMC

• Members

Btw - the finale last night drew the highest ratings for BH. It is getting closer and closer to the NJ and Atlanta ratings territory. *Not sure what OC and NYC's ratings have ever been*

Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills (BRAVO, 9pm, 75 minutes)

- 2.755 million viewers

- 1.8/3 HH

- 1.4/4 A18-49

ETA: read a bit more, and this is the 2nd best freshman season (season 1) of any other series --- New Jersey is #1. Great feat for BH!

LOS ANGELES – January 21, 2011 – Last week became Bravo’s highest rated week in network history and this week continues with more record-breaking news as the highly emotional and much talked about “The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills” season finale shattered it’s previous high, attracting 4.2 million total viewers in a combined telecast average of the 9pm original and 10pm encore presentations, according to Nielsen Media Research. The 9pm hour attracted 2.76 million total viewers and 1.89 million adults 18-49 making it the most watched episode of the freshman series. The 10:15pm encore presentation earned 1.41 million total viewers and 869,000 adults 18-49. Through 13 episodes, the series averaged 1.9 million total viewers and 1.3 million adults 18-49, making it the second highest rated freshman series of the Housewives franchise in all key demos, only behind “The Real Housewives of New Jersey.”

Source: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com

Edited by alwaysAMC

• Members

If Taylor had the best intentions it was ONLY to cover her own ass since Lisa questioned her real involvement in NY. Taylor's entire approach would have made anyone defensive. She immediately went into attack mode demanding Kim leave her name out of it when it's pretty obvious with the conversation between her and Kim in NY at the airport, she backtracked and tried to place the blame squarely on Kim. It's really unfortunate that Kim couldn't string two coherent sentences to defend herself properly instead of sputtering weak diatribe that made her look totally stupid.

I honestly don't understand how Cedric was allowed to live THIS long with Lisa when he's a grown ass man mooching off of them for YEARS. That sob story about being left at the phone booth at age seven was beyond the pale. She's been talking about getting rid of him since the beginning of the season and now it's clear that it was indeed Cedric whom they were referring to in the reunion episode.

I get the feeling that Adrienne got the BFF role with Kim and Kyle in this eppy because she missed the blow up in NY. I'm surprised it wasn't Lisa since she's the mother hen of the group but I think they wanted Adrienne to have more of a presence with the women.

And I also get the feeling that Taylor resents the hell out of Lisa. She even said she was jealous of her friendship with Kyle on the after show.

• Members

WHOA.

Amazing episode. As far as I'm concerned the best season finale of the Real Housewives franchise, bar none.

I'm going to tackle this by approaching each lady...

Camille: I felt oddly sympathetic for her. It stunned me that I felt a little bad, but damn is Kelsey Grammar a sleaze or what? Make no mistake, Camille deserves all of this crap happening to her, but to have a doorman check your ID because you don't look like your husband's mistress. Damn. Payback's a bitch.

Adrienne: She is fabulous. I love how tough and strong and ballsy and fair she is. There is a lot to like about Adrienne. She and Paul are adorable, he lavishes attention on her like a queen. It is a treat. She handled everything with Kim as well as anyone else could. She gets major props for that and for staying above the fray throughout the season. She really gave it a go with being peacemaker and the voice of reason. Admirable. Now, if only she could do something about her hair!

Lisa: She is terrific. Lisa is a straight shooter who likes to drop bon mots wherever she goes. It was interesting to see her interact with Kim, Lisa was far more sensitive to her than she has been in the past. If there's one thing Lisa doesn't like, it's weakness and that's Kim to a T. I could not believe that Lisa's suggestion to settle all the bullsh*t between Kim and Taylor erupted like it did. My only critique of La Lisa is that she was, at times, patronizing. But then, I'm that way too, nobody perfect!

Taylor: After this episode, I feel she is the vilest person on the show. She is truly, a horrible person. She launched into an attack on Kim without a second thought and was proved to be a massive liar thanks to video flashback. Interesting that Taylor thought she could go toe to toe with Kim, it just wasn't going to go her way. Kim might be a mess, but she has a memory like a steel trap (that's an actress for you). Taylor is a social climber of the worst kind, she resents the hell out of Lisa for calling her on her bullsh*t. I think what bothers Taylor so much when it comes to Lisa is that Lisa has her number and for a con like Taylor (real name Shana Hughes) that's a cold slap in the face. Oh and Russell's birthday speech was bizarre and just what she deserved.

Kyle: She snapped. Simple as that. She's probably been cleaning up Kim's messes for decades. It's been a long and winding road. It was low to blow the lid off of Kim's alcoholism (not that it wasn't apparent) but I can see how it happens. Kim's lashing out about a house and then having Kyle bring it down to the mat regarding Mauricio acting as Kim's protector (and financial supporter from the sounds of it) was ugly. But, actions speak louder than words.

Kim: She cracked. Addiction is bad. Anxiety is horrible. Kim is a wreck. She hasn't gotten over the last few decades. She's just too destroyed, she's been gutted like a fish. But like any addict in a codependent relationship Kim goes back to reliable mix of emotional outbursts, resentments and excuses. I feel sorry for both of them.

Overall, it was riveting, I look forward to the reunion.

• Members

Finally saw the latest episode of ATL and people say that Nene is jealous of Kim's success but I don't agree. She's extremely resentful of the fact that she's a trashy gold digger who really can't sing and has gotten fame because of it. It really burns Nene that unlike Kim, everyone has to work hard to be successful and by sheer luck Kim is getting practically everything she wants on a silver platter. There's also underlying racial tension from Nene precisely because of that. Khandi may be accomplished but if Kim was black doing her air head shtick she really wouldn't have gotten as far as Kim has and that's why she's always quick to insult her about Big Poppa and her lack of talent. Nene has ZERO respect for Kim. But I find it funny that she can call her a dumb blonde and when Kim calls her a dumb bitch it's a deal breaker.

Cynthia is such a doormat. On what planet is she not suppose to be upset of the abrupt closing of Uptown when she invested thousands of dollars. The fact that she isn't even allowed to question it it says Peter is very controlling and he keeps a LOT of things from her. If Cynthia only knew the half of it she would get the hell out of dodge.

And I definitely wasn't feeling Khandi. It's time she also grew a back bone because it's HER tour bus. If she didn't want it to become the "Nene and Kim show" she should have told Kim to STFU and not bring her. The amount of times they had to stop for a smoke break and put up with Kim and Sweetie's crap was ridiculous.

I'm not sure if Kim's treatment of Sweetie is racially motivated but she does treat her like a servant and apparently Kim thinks it's justifiable because, according to her, the size of the check means she's perfectly entitled to.

And who was Sheree referring to as 'you ungrateful bitch!" in the previews? Should be fun :lol:

• Members

But...Sweetie IS a servant. She's paid to satisfy Kim's whims as her assistant. So far as I can tell, Sweetie seems perfectly fine with Kim. The only person who has an issue is Nene.

I love Nene, but she's getting a big head and she's going to really burn all her bridges in a spectacular way if she isn't careful.

• Members

I started the season as a huge Kyle fan but found myself liking her less and less as the season progressed. I found it absolutely appalling how she not only let Taylor talk to her own flesh and blood like garbage but actually joined in on the bashing and attacking. And yes they're sisters so sure they're gonna have brawls, but I know in my family blood trumps all and none of my siblings would ever let someone speak that way to any of the others....

I still love Lisa but she was almost unlikeable as well during the Kim fight..Some of those looks she was sending Kim were downright awful...

Honestly Kim being drunk at a party didn't even seem that crazy to me, especially given that this is the Housewives series and the women on most of the franchises are seen drinking constantly..but whateves..

So ready for the reunion.

• Members

WOW - tonight's episode of Atlanta did NOT disappoint.

NeNe is my girl, but she was out of line and uncontrollable tonight. She crossed the line, and was 100% too stubborn to see it.

I felt so bad for Cynthia - girl does NOT need to get married.

I'm so tired of Kim - she needs to go, or get something fresh started.

So good to see more Sheree tonight! Phaedra was really cool tonight too.

Lawrence was hilarious tonight and on Watch What Happens - I wish him the best!