Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

This!!!

We haven't had 7 housewives since season 5! Atlanta is LONG overdue a cast of 7 women. This show stays shooting itself in the foot (along with OC and NJ) due to production being fearful of casting anything bigger than 6.

Quite frankly, with these shows running low on fumes, 7 should be the least and 10 being the most. 

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think Porsha's spin off looks more interesting than I expected. I also am excited for the new season of RHOA! Most of all I'm happy my Queen Marlo got her peach finally. I know many are upset about a 6 person cast, but you know RHOA always has friends. In the end I'm sure there will be 7-8 people filming regularly. Some of the Twitter insiders have even said if filming goes well we could end up with 7 peaches. That means there's more people in the mix. I'm just happy they finally took their time and have a plan for RHOA. 

• Members

The Real is featuring cast members of Potomac each episode this week. I have not watched the show but I have met GB and her lovely daughters in my shop in Maryland. I have seen clips and I can attest that she is so much sweeter than they have portrayed her to be; I don't quite get it but I guess if I watch the show I'd have a better idea?

• Members

Gizelle I do think is a nice woman, but you can tell she's envious of what the other women have and that leads to her making shady comments which cause them to dislike her. She also is the Producer of the show. In the Bravo BTS book that just got released the producers (and Gizelle herself) highlighted how hard she pushes for certain scenes and stories and she will NOT give up until it;'s done. Basically, she's good TV.

• Members

It is evident on the show how much Gizelle cherishes and flat-out enjoys the company of her daughters, even when they are trolling her. She seems super proud of them and like they are her priority.

On the show, Gizelle -- to her credit -- has not tried to hide the messier parts of her personality. As @Chris B said, she is envious of anyone who tries to overshadow her (like Monique, Karen). And she is in it to win it, and if that means pot-stirring, gossiping and rumor-mongering, then so be it.

She also doesn't seem worried (at least publicly) about popularity and being liked by the viewers, and that takes a certain strength. There are viewers (like me, perhaps) who love to get riled up by 'RHOP Gizelle', but most of us acknowledge that Gizelle is an integral component of RHOP. She keeps the drama moving, and that is invaluable.

Honestly, the chemistry between cast members built up over the past 5-6 seasons on RHOP has been kismet, and Gizelle is a part of that. She and Karen knew each other 13 years prior to the show. 

Given how dramatic Porsha's spin-off look, I'm almost sorry that footage wasn't saved for RHOA and folded into the show!

RHOA has a long tradition of bringing in additional FOHs and not deciding until the end of shooting which ones should stick around or even get a peach. LOL, I will always remember during Kim Fields' season (underrated and great, IMO) when whacked-out Tammy went with the ladies to Miami. She provided a good two episodes of crazy drama at least! 

Edited by Cat

• Members

Hmmm...on the lineup.

That said...perhaps Drew is back to get dragged with very little backup. Get her, Kenya!! OR aren't Kandi and Drew friends...so a source of conflict between Kenya and Kandi? 

Same. I don't like how Gizelle manuvers and give very little leeway and own that, but I have never said she did not have a part to play on the show. I just wish like Ex Soap Opera Star she would simply own that. 

And as we all say RHOP is another example of a show that is great due to the long history between the cast which of course due to the fact they were all friends from the get-go.

• Members

POTOMAC

WOW!!! I'm so behind on POTOMAC that its finale week next weekend? Daaaarrrn!!! Well, I guess that will be what I binge when I come back from my flight then. 

Meanwhile...that shady party!!! LOL!!!

I made it to the episode about the shady party. I can see what you all were talking about. That was chaotic AF. It was like they all chose violence!!!! LOL!!! My favorite moment...besides La Dame post-vaccine shot seeing things...was the way that Wendy gathered Robyn ALL...THE...WAY...TOGETHER. I rewinded that. Because she spoke nothing, but fact. A real friend would be trying to talk to you one on one. No shade used. No camera around. So don't get pressed when you are checked about it.

That said...I've been meaning to say that overall narrative aside...I see the shift. And by shift. It appeared in the beginning Season 6 promos that this season would be all about the GEB coming for Wendy's marriage. And now it went from stalled right up to barely there. So kudos to Robyn for bringing it back up since that story had vanished.

But I guess that's good since we are getting Candiace vs Messy Mia!!! Those two...lol. Jesus. And I hollered at Ashley getting her life from their fighting. And I died when Candiace checked her with 'where you there, beloved?'

Great episode.

LA DAME. Smelling like roses. And her empire is growing, Hunni!!! lol. I love all of that part of the show. And I enjoy her growing friendship with Wendy and Askale. And I hollered at her 'visions.'

GIZELLE. Dead wrong for not letting La Dame and Wendy use the restroom. But I see they will getting them back so

Please register in order to view this content

That said...usually it's Robyn coming to Gizelle's defense so good to see her come to Robyn's defense  when Wendy was dragging her. Add on her interaction with her kids and she was...likable.

ROBYN. I've getting waaaaaay too used to saying this online but SHUT UP, ROBYN. So irrelevant. Trying for a moment since she has so few. So Wendy gathering her was a thing of beauty. Next time...don't ask for one. *smirks*

ASHLEY. I've laughed at all of her reaction shots. 

WENDY. YAASSSSSSSSSSSS, QUEEN!!! I thought it was lame that she was acting like she had never made a speech before when as a commentator (and from what we saw at her lunch last season) that is FAARRR from the truth. But it was nice to see Season 5 Wendy for a moment when she proceeded to articulate how she felt about those GEB and gathered Robyn effortlessly. THAT is how she should have been doing it all along. And I don't hate her for that. And I continue to love her with La Dame and Askale.

CANDIACE. Here she comes...lol. After being the voice of reason for soooo long this season. I see Old Candiace is making a comeback. I blame it on Mama Dorothy pot stirring. Ugh. I can't say that I didn't like her comebacks, but this will probably get old quickly. 

MIA. Stay messy. lol. I was here for it. Also honorable mention to Askale for checking her. 

But oooooo here comes the salad toss....

• Members

Hope they have the content. I think NJ does better with slightly shorter seasons, which has been a feature of of the show since the Siggy Implodes season. Fast, breezy, and drama occurs almost immediately. 

RHOA going full Dynasty for its opening event:

Edited by Cat