Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

"His life is over. He's in his 80s. He's in a memory care facility. His career is over and done. I just turned 50. I cannot allow all of this to destroy me and take me to a place that I cannot recover. I have to survive this. So that's why I'm feisty."

That's probably the realest thing she's said all season.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Looks like two are already coming for Andy Cohen. One is Carole, the other is... Candiace?!

The thing I appreciate about Carole, especially lately, is how little she cares about currying favor. Not with Andy Cohen (see above), and not with the viewers. She always had a streak of 'I'm going to stay true to myself,' even if it meant exhibiting a not-so-nice-side to her character. She held a grudge against Luann for what felt like YEARS, and she cheerfully sat back while the Bethenny attack dog went after others. She didn't even defend her BFFs Heather and Kristen when Bethenny annihilated them! So she definitely profited from hopping on Bethenny's back and being her best friend for a while.

On the other hand, I will never forget her and Dorinda's trip to London to retrieve her husband's ashes -- one of the most moving episodes which treated the viewers as thinking, feeling grown-ups.

Also, yes, she may have sour grapes and people think she should get over it by now. But honestly, if I had a friend who did what Bethenny did to her, I would be heartbroken and angry and I'm not sure how long it would take me to get over that feeling of being used and discarded. Bethenny humiliated her on TV at that reunion.

I think I need to read Carole's book !

• Members

RHOP:

Candiace as a grown up was a bit jolting.  It's like nothing I've ever seen.  I don't like her and never will but I can tolerate her when she's not a nasty little princess bitch.  Be the villain but make sure you are a palatable villain.  

Less of Gordon would be wonderful!  A LOT LESS!!!!!

Giz is so pressed about Wendy not giving 2 chits about her.  I love it.  Wendy will not be bullied by you.  And finally someone says Giz is a bully and a mean girl.  

Does Robyn not understand why she's on this show?  2 eppies discussing her period?  Really?  And what's the difference between Robyn on and off 

Please register in order to view this content

For her to say the men don't need to be there for that particular conversation as Gizelle agreed is hilarious considering I'm not even sure Juan likes Robyn.  Giz and a man?  Sigh...  She needs to forever shut it when certain topics about men/husbands pops up.  

Ashley seems a bit mean lately and that preview for next week?

• Members

Indeed, they have. They've lifted the veil and what we see underneath, from a production standpoint, is what many of us suspected and disliked: obvious favoritism, scripting, and collusion. 

Andy's attitude towards the HW is also evident: he doesn't care about these women at all and he thinks he made them all. People like Radziwill and LVP are obviously not going to accept that given they had major success before HW.  

• Members

I will *never* be a fan of Ashley, although I recognize what she brings to the show. I’m glad the editors noted her hypocrisy concerning Michael Darby’s outlandishly inappropriate behavior upon meeting the ladies. 

Not to mention his sexual harassment of cast and crew…

• Members

@DaytimeFan I'm leaning more towards Brooks. No particular reason, except that he seems to be loving the limelight an awful lot. A woman desperate for affection and attention, who is not ridiculously bright, and has a big TV show. His golden ticket.

BH

I enjoyed Part 2 of the reunion, mainly because it wasn't cruel and toxic. The women gave each other grace and actually listened and empathised. I'm stunned at how well Erika cane across, considering. Was she well rehearsed? Probably. But this is the Erika I have longed to see ever since she first appeared. She confirmed a lot of stuff we already suspected, and she gave up the info in a matter-of-fact and non-aggressive way. Not sure i believe all the guff about handing over all her paychecks, but I did appreciate some of her directness in expressing herself.

• Members

And this morning there is more with this damn book! Looks like the RHONY women really went to town in the book, revealing extra-salacious gossip and being bitchy (and that includes Heather Thomson!). Anyway, now Leah is mad at Sonja for some stuff she said in the book about Tinsley and Leah's morose sister.

I wont go into the details of what Leah is referring to with the cigarettes, but it is pretty sordid, and I'm starting to wish they didn't open the Pandora's box on that one.

It also strikes me that RHONY right now is at Def Con 4. This book has come out a few months after all the crazy Daily Mail briefs the women did against each other so everyone is in Kill Or Be Killed mode. I kind of wish RHONY would send a film crew around and start filming everybody being so messy! And maybe that's the point. Maybe this is the story for the upcoming season (whenever that may be) -- the fallout from this tell-all book. Nice tie-in, Andy.

But it also reminds me that back in S4, RHONY went Full Toxic and nearly touched the void. I sure hope this latest mess doesn't boomerang back onto the show in a bad way.

Edited by Cat

• Members

It is a terrible story, and if it is being told by Heather in a bitchy, snarky tone, I would be horrified. Because the story itself sounds like assault/abuse, and is not something you should use to score points against Sonja.

This particular piece of salacious gossip is starting to feel like Andy Cohen's/budget Truman Capote's Answered Prayers moment.

• Members

Part 2 of RHOBH reunion was good, but it also had a lot of filler that would've ordinarily been left on the cutting room floor had they not spread this over four episodes. Crystal's housekeeper was a non-factor, and holy hell did they spend A LOT of unnecessary time talking about Scott Disick! Like geez, is he joining the show next season?  The episode was lighter and mostly enjoyable, but you could tell they were stretching out the time.