• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Agreed.

One of many irksome qualities - She's trying to overturn RHONY by calling out things that are par for the course in Housewives land. Two castmates hate each other but exchange empty pleasantries at a group gathering? That's Housewives 101. Don't be all stank about it. 

• Members

Lol I just love you guys' visceral dislike of Leah! I guess I was holding out for her getting the Garcelle treatment!

Wow! That would be really weird if both those women weren't there! Only Eboni, Sonja and Leah? Suddenly I am having visions of the Dallas reunion.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I wish I could watch the entire episode because I would love to see how these 3 interact with each other over an extended period. What is abundantly clear from these two clips is just how quick and sparky Karen is in a relatively spontaneous setting. Obviously she is aware what most of the questions will be, but still, she is so  quick-witted, clear and direct in her comebacks. She keeps the topic on Gizelle. I live for it! No-one can hold Gizelle to account quite like Karen. And Giz had a point about Karen gossiping about Michael Darby, etc., although the way I see it, a lot of that has occurred after the Darbys tried to make the Hugers their prime target, right around S2/S3. Then Karen was like, you expose my secrets? I can expose yours.

The interesting thing about these clips is how... good-natured and surprisingly untoxic the Gizelle-Karen interaction was. On the show, Gizelle usually has a face like a smacked behind whenever Karen comes up. It feels similar to the toxic hatred that Rinna and LVP nursed. Here, though, they are listening to each other, responding to each other, trading barbs. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but they are enjoying the repartee. It feels like an elegant fencing match, not a brawl.

• Members

I thought you described it beautifully.

Please register in order to view this content

It also shows for all the drama going down right now on POTOMAC, they do appear to have mended their friendship. It will be nice to see on the show if true. 

• Members

Gizelle and Karen are the most fulfilling rivalry in HW history IMO. Very evenly matched in terms of the back and forth but it never goes totally off the rails. I never fear that either will be completely obliterated by the other, but a lot of their blows do land.

• Members

Karen and Gizelle have had a long time friendship.  And Karen has said she likes Gizelle...and I think Karen is someone who will ignore you if she doesnt like you.  She never ignores Gizelle and vice versa.

And regarding NY, Leah has had 2 seasons and she hasn't proved why she should he there..so she can go.  Now I get why OC drops lots of their housewives after a shaky 1st season...because they tend not to improve, but get worse with time.