Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Gosh, Jay, I don't know! Why WOULD Bravo cut that scene? Unless it was to make Erika and her coven of cheerleaders look moderately better!

I just want to say: Dorit nastily policing Garcelle's tone and telling her to sit down was just awful. The more I think about it, the more smug and awful she becomes. She really thought she was some boss socialite maven handling Garcelle like that, but ultimately she handled nothing. You could tell through Garcelle's sunglasses that she lost what little regard she may have had for this try-hard, ignorant fool.

Edited by Cat

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Garcelle wasn't in her face in my view. She got up to leave and then Dorit said she was rushing away from the discussion, so Garcelle answered her. She was angry/hurt but not aggressive to Dorit when she responded to her standing up, I thought. Maybe I should rewatch that bit again.

Danny Pellegrino in his podcast (which i just started listening to) just said "We not only had Sutton vs Erika, we had Dorit vs Garcelle, we had Rinna dressed as the zebra character in Madagascar..."

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Cat

• Members

Not literally. By in her face, I meant facing her versus what Dorit was accusing her of which was running. I agree she was more angry and hurt than aggressive. But I know how it looks when someone is standing over someone a la Porsha vs Cynthia on the boat RHOA S8. And that was just between two black women, one of whom has a history of attacking people. I can only imagine how the optics look to the Coven.

• Members

For sure they will bring it up at some point to make themselves look like the intimidated victims. Garcelle made me feel uncomfortable and *fwightened*

That scene with Sutton talking about lending money to Erika is still eye-opening to me. Wow. How could production cut that important 50 seconds out? It explains a lot but I guess the Coven needed to bang on about 'selfish Sutton concerned about her society rep.

• Members

That scene gives so much context as to why Sutton had to get a legal opinion. She was prepared to loan Erika money! How dare Erika treat her so appallingly after she was willing to go out on a limb for her, financially. 

This season of BH continues to be riveting because it is based in reality and the dark underbelly of LA. 

Dorit has blown it with the audience. I really didn't like who I saw in that moment with Garcelle.

Garcelle wasn't about to let Dorit pull a fast one on her and she reacted swiftly and surely. It was great to see Crystal and Kathy have her back, even if Kathy was applying lipstick half the time, oblivious to what was going on. 

I really did believe that scene between Kathy and Kyle was genuine. Kathy doesn't articulate the hurt feelings that well, probably because she doesn't want to get into specifics, but the pain was there. 

• Members

That's a good idea. Famiy Karma a few weeks back didn't have a reunion to speak of, but they did appear remotely on WWHL to touch on a few of this season's SLs and play a few 'who would you rather' type games. It was light, very breezy 20 min episode, perfect for Andy's short attention span. A similar show might actually close the door on this season's RHONY in a non-toxic, entertaining way. 

Forgot to address the first part of your post -- yes, I can see what you mean when someone stands over you, it changes the dynamic. It is worth noting that Dorit and Garcelle were both icily sober and i don't think would ever have gotten physical. They are too much aware of their onscreen personas and how they present themselves. Porsha & Cynthia escalated because of alcohol and because P had zero desire to curb her impulses. She was deeply resentful that most of the cast had little respect for her. Her position on the show was precarious and her instinct was to lash out via physical intimidation. It was the go-to of a weak person. Porsha hadn't yet learned how to battle with words and wit. I'm glad the rest of the cast shut down that behavior and told her point blank it was unacceptable. It forced her to change her entire approach because she badly wanted to build a career on the show.

• Members

Awwww, my thoughts go out to Gregg and that family

RHOP

UGH, Mia cant even be messy properly. She shouldnt have back pedeled so quickely. I hate that Bravo hyped up this episode as if it were going to be round 2 of Wendy going in on the GEBs and it ended so anticlimatic

Preview for the rest of the season shows that we have more of Candiace crying with that damn folded tissue