Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I'm not sure, tbh.  I think the one that's authentic, has a story to tell outside the group is who I would keep.  Or I would down grade both to friend status so we can see them at events...and neither would be required to be there all the time.  If both stay on...it'll be a rinse lather and repeat situation (the show is close to it already with the predictable antics of Karen, Giselle, etc.)

After Porsha and Kenya's season 6 reunion behavior on rhoa, I wanted both downgraded..because I feared a rinse, lather and repeat situation would happen...and now in season 13..it's the same thing with them both.

Rhoc had that with Tamra/Gretchen...Vicki/tamra/shannon....and now with Shannon/kelly.  Sometimes you have to break the cycle up.

rhod had that with Leeanne for 4 seasons...now I'm excited for season 5 to see how her departure will change the landscape of the show.

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I might not like them at all, but even I admit that I'm at least curious to see the post-LeeAnne landscape on DALLAS (except for Brandi) to see if the newbies bring it. 

That does not sound like a bad idea...a downgrade to see how they manage. Porsha managed to make her way back and looks better for it. For now. I'm not sure I want a Kenya vs Porsha again after working so long and hard to see them as friends. I'm still mad at Porsha for that though I love what she has been doing for BLM this year. 

• Members

I myself don't find the Karen/Gizelle love/hate-fest to be tired. I think they, along with the likes of Robyn and Ashley, have the same type of onscreen chemistry and banter similar to Ramona/LuAnn/Sonja/Dorinda during their better years. I *do* think this reunion is going to be ugly though, with Candiace vs. Monique and Monique showing the receipts re: Gizelle/Charrisse/Candiace and the trainer being her secret babydaddy rumor B.S. 

However, if the Hugers and Darbys can let bygones be bygones, I suppose anything is possible in terms of reconciliations. That said, if I had to choose one versus the other, it's Monique all the way. She has the likeability, the family, the authenticity, the overall fabulosity... she just needs to rename her Not For Lazy Moms gig. 

• Members

I most definitely think that #5 played a pivotal role in this show. Focusing on those dueling wedding that no one gave 2 sh*ts about killed this show. 

Busting up the cast after an explosive 2nd season damaged the show too. All the show simply had to do was either add Alexia back to the lineup and have strong cast of 8, OR swap Marysol and Alexia's roles. 

In general, I feel like Bravo cancels sh*t too prematurely instead of allowing an audience to be built. I feel like DC was cut too quickly. Especially when their reunion was fire and that following year after the cancellation was chaotic for the DC women--Michaele running off with that rockstar, Cat/Stacey/Mary divorcing...

• Members

I agree, Karen could be right bout Gizelle and still be a big hypocrite at the same time!  And Karen reminded all the girls during the 1st season ALL THE TIME of her title re Potomac, and used it to bash the other woman, so go ahead Wendy with your 4 degrees!

• Members

SLC was a stellar premiere. 

I think this show is gonna be a hit. 

For one, I love how the women have genuine connection to each other and it isn't forced. 

But my first impressions are: 

Mary: I don't like Mary already. I just think she's foul. Foul for marrying her grandpa. Foul for the sh*t she said to Jenn. Foul for being a charlatan. Just foul. 

Meredith & Lisa: Icy b*tches. You can't even tell the two apart but they will give us good drama. 

Whitney: I like her. She's bubbly. 

Heather: Said some questionable sh*t, but I think she'll be OK. 

Jen: The star. Point. Blank. Period.

• Members

POTOMAC

So given that we were discussing who should go: Monique or Candiace, I thought I should mention that I see someone mentioned there is a rumor that Candiace might be the one on the chopping block. The tipping point being that she might have threatened to fight La Dame. 

Given people appear to be pointing out to the producers Candiace's online tweets a la VPR tweet scandal, the aforementioned issue with her and that blogger that recently passed, and the upcoming drama between Chris and Michael and her being involved, producers might be seeing her as the more problematic one.

Things to make you go hmmmm...

• Members

SLC

Hmmmm...I think I was right. RHOV/RHoMel vibe with a cast a la RHOM Season 2. From VPR Raquel Lookalike Sarah (right down to her personality), Jen's GBF, Meredith's gay son, Jen's Friend who was bone carrying, Whitney's Dad with the Wacky Hair...they already have some recurring characters with some spark to them.

This could be super fun. And has already been mentioned...it is starting off right by having them be actual friends versus tv friends.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS FOR ME...

LISA. She had me when she went to Taco Bell to get a Baja Blast (Girrrrrl, SAME.) but when she dropped the tea about having so many tequila brands (and Jen mentioned she was in charge of who you know at Sundance) and say 'others probably care. Most importantly, I don't.' I stan. She is beautiful. She is ice. She is not LVP, but she just strongly reminds me of LVP Season 1 tagline. And it looks like she knows everyone.

HEATHER. Seems fun. And she definitely gives me a fun Samantha Jones vibe...telling that the girls later on on WWHL called her the horniest. And she was totally checking out those servers at Meredith's Jen's party. And we start off with a silly subplot with her and Lisa and how 'she don't know her.' (c)Mariah Carey.

WHITNEY. Not that anyone is being fake yet, but she appears to be the one who will be giving the real. Mild, but NOT a pushover. I like her. But a fellow pole swinger can't be wrong.

MEREDITH. Is she the Robyn or the Gizelle? Lol. I like that Lisa and Meredith are a duo, but I hope a fun one. And she brings a cast of colorful characters with her husband and her son. I am intrigued.

MARY. Nothing, but trouble. But...every show needs a villain. And that Mary does. She is giving me RHOV Jody's vibe but less evil. IMO. For now. The grandfather thing is weird for sure...unless there is some scandal not being shown...yet. I'm gong to have to rewatch to be sure I heard it correctly, but I think she was being tactless with her words about Jen and hospital smells. Because in person I don't think she meant to say something bad about Jen's aunt. Now her confessional though...smh. She is going to be work. But again...I do not feel hate for her, but love to hate. 

JEN. Yes, she is the star. But she, like Mary, can be too much. Except I don't love to hate Jen. I just love Jen. Look at her house. Look at her wearing those heels in that ice when she went to see Lisa and Meredith. Fierce!!! I like how she has all this confidence. Like she has a GBF. Loved how she took her house and turned it into this party. Laughing at her making it about her. Lord, she is going to be a lot. But so far in a FUN way. And it seems like the rivalry is going to be between her and Mary. So far...I find them evenly matched and starting out reminds me of Sheree vs Kenya over their houses. 

Good start. And PS. The fashion, the fashion, the fashion.

Please register in order to view this content

Totally about to rewatch again.

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Bravo did that! I knew to pick a random ass city like Salt Lake City it had to be good because who would’ve thought of that? This reminded me of when Atlanta premiered and was just fire from episode one. This felt like it’s own thing and didn’t feel redundant or copy cat. 

Now of course I must start with Queen Mary! She is giving me Nene Leakes with this busted makeup and these Party City wigs! She also got Marlo’s grammar and the aloofness of Miss Ramona Singer. I love her! The way she went in about this hospital smell laid me tf out! Of all the things to start a feud over!

My other two favorites surprised me and they were Meredith and Heather. I loved the way Meredith spoke which was kinda snooty but she seems nice and I liked her family. Her husband it seems will be drama, but they will be fun to watch. Heather i expected to be in the background, but she’s more fun and vocal that I expected and she seems comfortable in her own skin. I like her. 

Whitney is fine, but I don’t have much to say about her yet. I need to see how her relationships develop with the women. Lisa you can tell is going to be a stuck up bitch and that fast food was ridiculous. When you’re that rich you can do better. I’m not saying never, but girl come on. You could get takeout from any restaurant for your family. 

The big question mark for ME is Jen. I know she’s been the more visible one in the lead up, but she seems thirsty. I didn’t mind her too much, but it’s a hunch I have so I’m going to have to watch her ass for a few weeks before I decide if I like her.

ETA:

RHOP in person reunion day! I’ll admit I’m beyond ready for the season to end. The girls have taken this fight story too far and I’m sick of it. I look forward to the reunion moving things forward hopefully.

Edited by Chris B

• Members

I will say - Braunwyn is exhausting this season with her antics.  I think she's trying too many things/storylines to be the star and get camera time.

I enjoy SLC - it was refreshing and fun.  Mary reminds me of Kim Richards.  Her hospital smell feud with Jen had me LOL'ing - and the poor lady's legs were amputated!  You can't make this up.