Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

I enjoyed the SLC premiere a lot more than I thought I would, but I’m not sure it hooked me. There’s something about the dynamics of the HW franchise that feels stale to me, so much so that even different iterations and new locations don’t really freshen it up. I’m already invested in Potomac, NYC, and ATL. I’m not sure I’m motivated to embark on another journey. As always, I’ll monitor this thread to see what others think.

I do think Mary is fascinating. She does really feel like an amalgamation of all the housewives people have mentioned (Nene, Ramona, et al), but comes across as totally unique. Plus, a Pentecostal pastor? She might be enough for me to stay engaged. Not really feeling Jen. I feel like we’ve seen that type before many, many times.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ooh. Cannot wait.

Please register in order to view this content

So onto the newbie, SLC....

I loved Jen, but my hubby thought she was too much fakery for the cameras.

God, the real estate and the views on this show are spectacular. As soon as COVID is over, we're booking a flight to SLC to visit my brother and new wife in Ogden. The one set-back? Mormons think black people have no souls. And some say gingers have no souls. So we'd be a gay interracial soulless couple... not sure how welcoming the city would be, LOL. 

Is it Meredith who has the gay son? I liked that. I liked that they didn't announce his sexual orientation, it was just a fact. And he does her makeup. Love! His voice reminds me of Olympic ice skater Adam Rippon (met him last year... quite the ice skater booty on him, yum! But I digress...) The set-up with the rose petals all over the floor made no sense though. The husband paid for it, the son put it together, and the wife just comes home and looks at a mess on the floor that she'll have to clean up? Pass. 

I feel like Heather is going to be the Greek chorus of this series. She is funny, blunt, honest, and real. She's rougher around the edges and not your typical beauty queen and that's why I like her. 

This show looks promising and fun! 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Largely in agreement with @Chris B and @Gray Bunny's hubby about Jen Shah. She was being touted for weeks before this premiere leaked as the 'star'. Obviously the show is centred around her, and I am ok with that. It draws you into the story. Jen is pointedly fabulous. But being touted as the queen of the franchise before SLC even gets off the ground? I worry that might backfire. On her, on the show.

Having been to SLC -- to attend my friend's Big Mormon Wedding! Which was incredible and filled with lots of gossip -- this show really captures the vibe of the place. The landscape is not lushly beautiful and bright, but it is mighty and majestic with the Rockies framing the city. The lifestyle seems legit outdoorsy great, like the one showcased in RHOVancouver.

Heather looks like the true-blue Mormon women that I met out there -- blonde, English/German origin, with lonnnng hair. (They love their long locks and many fear cutting their hair and somehow losing their femininity). I also like how she is openly rebellious and says what she thinks. Same with Whitney. Ironic that the two Mormon women with such close ties to the church's inner sanctum would be the ones to break free.

So, who is having husband drama in the trailer? Lisa or Meredith?

Lisa seems like a frosty b!tch.

Meredith and her son Brooks. They are close. When he stood in for his dad and put those rose petals on the floor on his behalf, I was like 'oh, shady Bravo.'

Mary is obviously batshit. I think I kind of love her.

Well, I'm surprised Monique was even following Wendy. Monique met Wendy for, like, 10 minutes before Mo was excommunicated from the group.

As for Candiace unfollowing Karen, she's been bitching about her on social media and Wendy Williams for months. I'm surprised Karen didn't unfollow that 'rusty-ass b!tch' first.

I would love it if Gizelle got royally exposed! However, so far, it seems quiet on that front. I fear Giz may have dodged repercussions yet again.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Yeah...she did follow Wendy. Apparently while I was at work, Monique clarified that she had stopped following Wendy pre-reunion, Wendy unfollowed her post-reunion.

Karen hasn't unfollowed Candiace yet I hear.

I agree. Gizelle has been tooooo quiet for me to not worry.

And...someone had a binder. Sounds like Monique DID bring all those receipts she said she would when she was on WWHL last. 

I hate to say it,but...Gizelle wasn't wrong.

SLC

I love that Mary has a few likers. She just gives me Season 1 RHOA Sheree and yet different.

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

LOL!!! Very true.

What I liked about Candiace last season was she was giving Ashley a taste of her own medicine by doing exactly what Ashley used to do to everyone else. And I still think she's been Ashley 2.0 at times this season. So I can't knock Gizelle for saying the tea.

• Members

Looks like Bershan truly is a friend. She’s filming with Leah and Luann now and Ramona posted them filming a couple weeks back. Looks like a solid cast of 5 with Heather and Bershan as friends. I like that Eboni won’t be the only black woman so she won’t be too isolated. 

Also, it’s looking a lot like Eboni and Ramona are getting along. They’re all over each other’s social media. I’m happy for Ramona lol. I didn’t want her to have a Kelly Dodd downfall. She’s a buffoon but I do think she’s harmless. 

• Members

RHOC fans, there are lots of Twitter rumors which at least suggest we should keep an open mind for next season. For one, Kelly revealed on Instagram that she’s barred from WWHL. That may have already been mentioned, but it’s obvious she’s out.

On top of that, due to the current reception, they’re already casting for next season. They’re reaching out to two former HWs about a return and have two new HWs in mind. Obviously if you’re bringing in four potential HWs, that’s a bloodbath. The craziest thing about the returning HWs is that rumors suggests it’s Alexis and Lizzie they’ve reached out to. You can’t convince me they won’t try to get Tamra back, but I imagine money could potentially squash that. Now if they brought back all three that could be iconic. I’m just happy they seem to be making real changes to the show. 

• Members

If lizzie's appearance this season was an audition..she failed.

Alexis, I'd be happy to see back even if part time.  She has a new man, plus her children were adorable.

Tamra needs to sit out for another season.  If they ask her back so soon, she'll get a Nene sized ego..and that won't be pretty.

Kelly and Brownie need to go. 

What I like about the OC is that they add and subtract cast members every season.  I wish NJ and Potomac would do that a bit more.

• Members

So the reunion might be Kelly's last stand. Love to see it.

Yeah, I saw the rumors yesterday but was not sure if it was serious. It makes me very worried about the rumors of those girls picking on Braunwyn's son, because I saw a part of the latest episode and that would make me very angry. They don't get the right to judge how someone express their sexuality and that's just foul. 

So who do you suspect might come back on the two returning housewives? 

TBF to NJ spent years trying to find a cast that worked. I can see why they stuck on what they have now. However with Danielle gone, that might be what they are doing now. I mean don't have one new HW...maybe two until the other woman is a Friend this year.

I like that Potomac has done their cast changes...subtly. Charisse for the first two seasons (dropping Katie at Season 2). Candiace for the next two seasons...well three (dropping Charisse). Then we have Dr. Wendy. And still the Katie and Charisse have appeared here and there. Never gone. Writing all that, they will probably keep Wendy for one more season while someone is leaving. And the chemistry between the cast rarely suffers.

• Members

I'm a bit late this week...

POTOMAC

I'm enjoying their trip to Portugal and I am glad Karen raised the Jamal issue with Gizelle, who has been getting away with her sh*t for entirely too long. 

Candiace has burned through any goodwill I had left for her. I hope Monique came to that reunion with an Extreme Couponing level of receipts. 

Wendy remains intolerable. Her fixation on her own education shows that she is incredibly insecure as her degrees are her floatation device. That she put a 'button on it' and then 'unbuttoned' the issue at the lunch the next day was pathetic. 

OC

If any of the women go after Braunwyn's son, they've asked for whatever blowback they get, and then some. That is just disgusting if that turns out to be true.

It's a really boring season aside from Braunwyn's alcohol struggle and getting a peak into Elizabeth's lavish lifestyle (she has big Vicki energy) and I think the show should be looking at blowing out the cast and starting over. 

SLC

A very good premiere episode. It has the natural beauty wintery element down pat. I wonder what Salt Lake City would look like filmed in summertime? The snow adds a lot to the visual charm.

Jen is thirsty. Someone get that lady a drink of water. That isn't to say I don't enjoy her, but she's a housewives trope. 

Mary is very disturbing. She reminds me a lot of RHOV's Jody. 

Heather is probably the one I enjoy the most. She is Built Ford Tough and seems to have the best sense of humour. 

Lisa and Meredith feel very interchangeable to me. Brookes, Meredith's son, is a star right out of the gate.

Whitney was smart to start the show in an honest place about how she met her husband and how she was cut out the Mormon Church. 

As a side note, if anyone has the chance to see Book of Mormon when live theatre returns, I highly recommend it!