Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LVP confirms Villa Blanca is closing its doors, but cites the fact that her $80,000 a month lease on the property is ending imminently and the landlord and the Vanderpump-Todds couldn't come to an agreement about its renewal:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8511675/Lisa-Vanderpump-announces-beloved-Villa-Blanca-restaurant-closing-12-years.html

• Members

Definitely 1980s Lu during her modeling days. I recall in one of the very early seasons, Luann talking about her pre-Countess model years and that very shot was one of a few which popped up on screen. The fact that she has positioned it just so makes me love this hoe all the more. Sage Lu dispensing wise advice to her GFs... and then we get 'I'm Fabulous, bitches!' self-involvement. Both of which were also neatly showcased on Thursday's episode.

The latter... although the drunkenness did not really appear until the last 2 minutes of the episode. Most of the episode felt like a cosy slumber party in this big, beautiful house, and even the sight of Lu and others storming off was softened by the fact that everybody was storming off in fuzzy slippers. I enjoyed the episode: everybody got a little character study.

Blue Stone Manor looks almost identical to pre-flooding BSM, but nevertheless, love a glimpse of the rooms and furnishings. Personally prefer seeing the houses more than the glam-squad stuff -- homes feel like a purer expression of their true personalities. 

Back to your point about day-to-day lives, it would enrich the show to see a little more of that. It would definitely enrich Elyse vis a vis the audience. She announced this episode that she has a husband? Wait, what?! Color me shocked. I never even realised. I would love to see some footage of her + hubby (+ Ramona flirting with him, let''s be real) in their UES apartment. I think it would help establish her on the show, even if it's just as a FOH.

Similarly, Luann has been dating her talent manager for like 2 years, and she's about to sell the upstate NY house and get back to the Hamptons. Would love to see more of that and maybe a glimpse of him.

Dorinda going Drunk Warrior and trying to turn Sonja against Lu revealed Dorinda's cruel pot-stirring side again. And all because Lu was trying to gently tell Dorinda about toning down the meanness when she gets drunk. Just when I was warming to D this week.

Heather in the previews!

Please register in order to view this content

A welcome sight for sore eyes. Having Heather return to the show would perhaps be a better fit than Jill Zarin. Maybe a combo of Heather and Carole, or Heather and Kristen. 

• Members

Villa Blanca takes me back to BH S1-2 in an instant. Always liked that airy space with the windows flung open for al fresco dining. But after the ruling on the sexual harassment lawsuit, the Todds have been keen to offload the space. The associations with the restaurant are now linked to that. I suspect that the Vanderpump-Todds are relieved that the lease could not be renewed and can now focus on their existing establishments in current pandemic times. If VPR gets officially cancelled, they may consider getting out of the restaurant biz for a while and embrace a semi-retirement/Vanderpump Dogs kid of life. I always believed a Vanderpump Dogs show was in the cards, hence production's insistence on puppygate during S9 as a way into the show.

Vindictive and obsessed. She won't rest til she feels LVP is somehow punished and completely destroyed. Same with Kim Richards. Doesn't this kind of energy eventually backfire on you, karma-styles?

• Members

Dorinda keeps on referring to Elyse’s history with men, as if she has some scandals. I read that her first husband (and father of her 26-year-old daughter) was a Wall Street mogul who was convicted of insider trading and later acted as an informant to the FBI before they divorced. Then she dated a hedge fund manager and decided to buy an apartment with him. (I’m seeing she said it was a gift from him.) They split before the deal closed. He died in a skiing accident, and his name was still on the apartment, leading to his kids to try to force her out of the property. She launched a suit against his estate, which was dismissed, but she’s still living in that apartment.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Thanks for that insider information! See? If we'd gotten a talking head with her discussing her tumultuous love & real estate history, that would have been pretty fascinating!

Amd damn that photo! Her comment is perfect -- looky but no touchy! Suddenly I'm thinking Bravo (and I) may have been mistaken about Elyse.

How dare you imply that Feeling Jovani didn't storm the charts?! 

Please register in order to view this content

(I actually really enjoy Lu's musical œuvre. Most of her songs are very catchy).

• Members

Beverly Hills has been terrible this season. Kyles crying drives me crazy, with the shaky breaky voice.  Rinnas constant laughing at her own dumb jokes is also annoying but at least we haven’t seen her brat daughters in a few episodes. 
Don’t care for Teddi to the point if an old John Mellencamp song comes on, I have to change the channel.

Denise, Garcelle and Dorit are watchable. 

• Members

I have enjoyed this season, but the cast needs a touch up for the following season to work. They need to cast a friend of Garcelle and I would dump Erika and Teddi. I would say Kyle, but that’s not gonna happen. I’d finally bring back Camille and keep Sutton. That would be a great cast. 

• Members

Beverly Hills is ok but could be so much better if the same thing wasn't talked about every episode of the season until you want to scream. Every season has that one thread and then it's done. 

I'm trying to watch Housewives of Johannesburg but I can't find whole episodes anywhere. I want to try something different until Potomac comes back. 

• Members

And it feels like that “one thread” becomes more trivial with each passing season. Are they really spending this much time dissecting nonsense? I suppose those “threads“ are just fronts for deeper conflicts, but they never really get to the heart of it, and it’s rinse-wash-repeat.