Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

And there's a weird kind of love there. They have all shared a unique reality show experience for so many years which literally transformed their lives. This experience has bonded them for the better part of a decade (or more). The way they communicate, understand, fight and forgive each other -- it is a little like sisters/siblings.

They are also women who have LIVED and let live! IA, I just adore them and think they are close to a perfect mix. I'd go even further and say RHONY deserves an Emmy nod because it is quite often the funniest show on TV. I truly hope if Bravo refreshes, it does so with a careful hand. This cast has a magic chemistry.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Definitely agree - there is a certain level of affection and love between the NYC cast that you see little of in other cities (aside from Potomac and between Vicki/Tamra/Shannon on OC) . 

NYC absolutely deserves an Emmy nomination. For my money it's the funniest, best edited show on TV.

• Members

Camille, Denise, and shockingly Brandi have sent their condolences. 

For damage control reasons, I bet Kyle has tried reaching out. She knows her ass is in the hot season. Wouldn't be surprised if Dorit (via PK) has reached out too. Teddi will only do it b/c her master, Kyle, informed her to do so. 

The only ones I don't see doing it or doing it begrudgingly would be Erika and Rinna. 

• Members

Catching up on Potomac...

It's amazing how quietly good RHOP is shaping up to be this season. The way the show tackled slavery and race a few episodes back was surprisingly well done for a Bravo show. Miscarriages could have been a HUGE downer of an episode, but I liked the way they covered Monique's event, reconciling with her MIL and even Ashley's speech was thoughtful and real. I dont remember who said that Chris Samuel's was the best husband on the RH, but it is so true! The sun rises and sets with Monique and his kids, and they are the priority in his life. I love how unthirsty he is in front of camera, as well as how he handles his mom in support of Monique while maintaining a relationship with both.

I am loving Monique these days. Pregnancy has softened her, in a good way, without losing her strength.

Loved Karen and Ashley in the salt room bonding. They both came from an understanding place with each other, and Karen's empathy surprised me. Karen can really be lovely when the chips are down.

Candiace was working so hard for that Bravo cheque... until she stepped over the line. Monique was an ally and she threw her under the bus... for what? To impress Gizelle? People need to stop making it easy for Gizelle to bring them down! Candiace is going to get roasted at Reunion which is a shame because she is contributing a lot this season.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Camille calmly GATHERED Dorit and Teddi at dinner and didn't even break a sweat! That was pretty epic! She had that table SHOOK! I just wish she'd also mentioned Dorit getting chased in the Bahamas. The money issues don't just belong to PK. 

The preview for next week is literally centered around Camille and featuring Lisa Vanderpump. Camille isn't a housewife and LVP hasn't been on in weeks. They deserve a bonus for Carrying this entire season on their backs. 

• Members

This popped into my head tonight. Remember when Aviva couldn’t go on the group trip because of her fear of flying, so producers literally cut her from the opening sequence during those episodes and didn’t pay her for not appearing?  Why aren’t they doing that with LVP?  She hasn’t been on the last few episodes at all but is still in the opening, no idea if she’s getting paid. I just remember how dramatic they were in shaming Aviva during that season, and didn’t they actually put Luann in Aviva’s spot in the commercial cutaways since she attended even though she wasn’t a housewife that season?  But they’re not doing that with LVP?  Is it a production company thing, Bravo thing or something else?  

• Members

Rinna has some nerve telling Camille she was out of line. Rinna is queen of being out of line and telling it like it is and “owning it”. Give me a break. Can’t wait to see Camille gather her next week at the finale party. 

After seeing those previews, it’s clear Camille is perceived as the evil Season 1

Camille again. Good for her for showing up at the reunion to go against those girls. She earned her paycheck this year. Strongest Friend since Luann when she strangely wasn’t a housewife haha. 

• Members

I haven't seen RHOBH but am so glad to hear the awesomeness of Camille Donatacci Grammer shining through. 

@alwaysAMC I thought the same thing re: Aviva being cut in specific S6 episodes, but I think Bravo is keeping LVP in because they know viewers are hoping for a glimpse of her, be it new footage at her own fabulous home or in flashbacks.  Even in Bravo's bumper promos promoting all their hits, they show LVP's face (for both BH and VR reasons). She's got the star power and viewer interest and they're gonna ride it as long as they can. 

Yesterday, they re-aired some episodes from Season 5 (LVP, Kyle, Kim, Rinna, Eileen, Yolanda, Brandi), and boy that was one of their last great seasons. Before we got Doritos and Sourpuss Jayne.  It's sad to see how chummy the Lisa's were. They looked genuinely amused complimenting one another, ripping on one another playfully... if things had played out different, I could've seen them remaining this way if Rinna wasn't so determined to be top dog and top one-linerer. It was also interesting/sad to see LVP's genuine affection and concern over Yolanda's health.  These shows really tear apart solid friendships. At least Rinna and Eileen never had a falling out. 

Re: RHOP.  I echo what others have said about Chris being the perfect househusband to Monique.  Those two make such an awesome family. 

• Members

@alwaysAMC @Gray Bunny Its a question of status. LVP has a big fanbase and a popular other show on Bravo. I do think it is interesting how much she appears in the preview for next week's finale. BH is floundering, and this weird, disjointed nothingburger of an episode this week did not help. 21 episodes of filler this season! If Bravo was invested in a transition, they really shouldn't have padded out the season. Cut it to 14 and keep it tight. Camille was doing God's work in bringing up Dorit's legal problems but lord everyone was making it extra hard for her to actually squeeze some true scandal out of the show. Rinna is such a pot stirrer and yet wanted Csmille to shut it down? What? After she mentioned LVP's legal issues 20 billion times?

IA about S5. It was a great season, and we were really invested in these women's lives. The different friendships felt real. Now I have trouble even feeling the Rinna-Erika relationship as anything other than a practical alliance.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Another great season of RHONY - a really fun finale. The reunion looks good, but not hateful or spiteful. Really look forward to it. This cast doesn't need tampering with. Sure, bring on a Friend of the Housewives or two, but the main ladies need to stick around. The chemistry with this show is unlike any other.

• Members

Totally agree. Though I do wish they'd leave Tinsley alone. Why do they care so much about her finances? Doesn't Tinsley's family have money and didn't she run her own company? Dorinda continues to look like an ass.

Every time Bethenny mentions Dennis, I cringe. Especially this story about him pulling her down. I hope she really does stop mentioning him. It comes off disingenuous.

Edited by Antoyne