Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I guess I really wasn't paying attention during the start of the dinner. Silly me. lol.

But yeah, I do believe that Kyle has not liked Lips since then as well. 

YYYYAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Potomac!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS!!!! That was hot.

• Members

Glad you enjoyed S8! Can't wait till you work your way through to S10 which was INSANE.

I too hate the nee theme music. They changed it again for S9 and it's even more obnoxious IMO.

Jules was timid at first and in a tough place emotionally. I would have liked to see her come back in S9, to see how she had grown and changed. But it was not to be.

I had a different reaction to the Luann/Bethenny fallout. Yes, Luann is a narcissist who was ridiculously tied up in Tom. I was disappointed that she reunited with his trifling ass at the end, after he humiliated her publicly. Luann was desperate not to lose this chance at marriage, and was willing to overlook every warning sign to do it. However, I found Bethenny AWFUL that season. The way she and Carole bullied and thin-shamed Jules was horrific (and said a lot about their own twisted relationship with food). The way Bethenny slut-shamed Luann as Carole cheered her on, tried to isolate Lu and Sonja from the group, and did everything in her power to dig up dirt on Tom... None of this came from a good place. It came from a spiteful, controlling place. Bethenny felt she was star of the show and treated the other women like her employees. As a result of S8, I have never quite come back to fully liking Bethenny or Carole. But I get that it's different strokes for different folks. 

• Members

Thanks! Is it?! Can't wait.

Well, I guess it's good I've been warned!

I have to admit, by the end of the season I was willing to see what a second season would be like for Jules.

I knew instantly LuAnn wouldn't dump Tom and it was made worse by how she went on the attack. I really do see your POV regarding Bethenny. She came out all guns blazing and NOT always in the best of ways. She went too far with telling Sonja she never wanted to see her again and I didn't like the harsh way her anorexia issues came out with Jules. The slut-shaming scene was also cringe-worthy, but then again she felt bad immediately after. Do I completely believe she was 100% saddened about the Tom/LuAnn situation? No. I do think there was some spite in all of that. You could tell by how relatively subdued she was in the reunion that she'd gone too far. 

But I think that's what makes NYC sooooo fascinating. They just expose so many sides of them, some really bad, and they don't seem to care all that much if they do lol

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I don't mind her coming for Ashley either; however, she looks stupid coming for Monique, who was one of her biggest advocates last year. Tossing Monique under the bus to Gizelle (of all people) was stupid. 

Candiace is gonna catch hell come reunion time and her new ally, Gizelle, is gonna sit back and watch her burn. 

Speaking of RHOP, I am pissed we have to wait until June 30th to get the next episode. Ugh! Next episode is butterknife-gate and when the sh*t hits the fan with the Darbys! 

• Members

Yeah, I think the women on NY know that showing all aspects of themselves is the show's strength. You cannot make yourself universally loved by the audience all of the time, and that's ok. The interesting thing is that in some ways, Bethenny and Luann react similarly. When they are on a personal/professional high, they become quite narcissistic and arrogant, lording it over the others. When they hit a low, it humbles them, and they become more reflective, clear-eyed and empathetic. Without giving anything away, it is these highs and lows you will see over the course of S9-11 as their relationships evolve and maybe even come full circle. 

• Members

Ratings Update:  Potomac cracked just over a million viewers on Sunday, with no Atlanta lead-in. Small victories!  Also, last week, NYC was inching up, just 100K less than Beverly Hills (1.4m vs. 1.5m), which is dropping.  IMO, if ratings reflected quality, it'd be NYC #1, Potomac #2, BH a distant 3rd. 

• Members

RHOP:

I can see the theme this season is "feel bad for Ashley Darby" as she mentions the miscarriage every segment and now the other cast members are mentioning it a lot as well.  How much of a kick back is Michael giving Andy or is Andy's stick what Michael really wants to wrap his mouth around?  Ashley wants to take any attention off of Monique's miscarriage, something viewers actually care about.  

Chris Samuels, once again, letting moms and everyone else know Monique comes first.  Not sure about Ken (LVP's hubby because I have not watched BH in ages) but Chris has to be the best House husband!  

So the congregation is buying Giz a new house?  How wonderful!  It was so fun to see her purposely take Candaice's gossip completely out of context because Giz will forever be jealous of Monique.  She will never be anything but a green eyed bitch!  

I will be so happy when Karen takes that platinum trash off her head.  She looks like a clown.  But it will also make me just as happy to see her whip Giz's ass!  

Robyn needs a downgrade and the show needs another HW.  Robyn is just boring.  She has nothing to offer this show.  

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

She has Juan... 

Please register in order to view this content

and you know Andy (and Mr. Darby!) likes that. 

I agree she offers very little, but she's a decent supporting housewife who has long ties to the Potomac OG's from years before the show began.