The Lady Gaga Thread

• Members

I loved the opening performance but after that, it got way to old. I was thinking she was going to change outfits and go back to looking like a girl again but she didn't. She just stayed in that Jo Calderone persona ph34r.png She was a hot mess ALL DAMN NIGHT. Especially during Beyonce's performance, did you see her with that drink?!

Also, she was just EMBARRASING during the Britney tribute. e8099.gif

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The performance of You & I was good. Like...the damn girl can sing. She can sing, and she can write, and she's good! She's GREAT! But...just...ugh.

The whole thing really isn't working for her, is it? When Garth Brooks did the whole Chris Gaines thing back in the 90s, people went in with it because it was so different from what Garth was and what people expected from him. For Gaga, it's like "Oh...she's pretending to be a guy. That's the crazy thing she's doing today. Okay. On to the next bit of craziness." She seems to really want this to catch on, but it won't. The crazy stans will eat it up and work themselves to death trying to attach all of the "hidden meanings" they can think of to it, but the fringe fans are gonna consider it another mark against her.

Does anyone in the industry really look up to her? If Rihanna or Nicki or Ke$ha had presented Brit's award, I think it would have been a really sweet, memorable moment.

• Members

I don't think personally it would have made any bit of difference.... Brit's "tribute" was just a poorly disguised segue for Beyonce's performance. Gaga/Calderone or no Gaga/Calderone, it would have been embarrassing. Britney looked as if she could care less about the award just like everything else about her career at the moment.

Jo Calderone was a hot, but not totally unexpected, mess. I figured Jo would appear because he/she is in the video for You & I, and I think it would have worked without the initial monologue and then subsequent acceptance speech and presentation to Brit. Lady Gaga, as always, milked something crazy to death.

AMS, you hit it right on the head... she can sing, she can write SHE IS TALENTED.... she seems just so damn insecure about that that she has to amp it up with the craziness. I get sick and tired of the theatrics like this. IMO she does not need them, or at the very least not at this insane intensity.

• Members

I have to say, Britney looked like she'd rather be somewhere else and not accepting that award.

What can you say about Stefani? The girl tries way too hard, and it's all been backfiring on her overhyped ass lately.

And Madonna already did the arrogantly upstaging the Video Vanguard recipient 22 years ago, and much better might I add. laugh.png

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jaZVQyTOBns" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I think it will be very interesting to see how this turns out. It could go either way.

Honestly, I think she focused too much on stunts and being "weird"... let's go back to just making good music with dashes of weirdness lol

• 2 weeks later...