The Lady Gaga Thread

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She always goes on rants about how her "art" is a reflection of all the different facets of her and how important it is for her fans to see that. She doesn't seem tongue-in-cheek about anything to me, she seems to take it all very seriously. The 60 Minutes piece really showed about how important it is to her to project the image she wants to project, more so than the music itself.

I don't know if I see any clear messages in her work, other than Gaga hitting us over the head about how she wants to stick up for all the gays and the misfits in the world. There's nothing wrong with the "love yourself for who you are message", but she does have a tendency to exploit it to the point where it seems she's a bit manipulative and fake with it.

I blame Justin Bieber for this crap...

• Members

3764516865_97db9d0b03.jpg

She's definitely taken his spot in that domain, among the living anyway.

I don't mind the video. Its as outlandish as all her videos have been, but seems to take it to the next level... which is what each of her videos seem to do.... When you hear the song you definitely picture a much more low-key, happy, celebration, Madonna-esqe video.... but this is Gaga... what you picture in your head is certainly not what you are going to get. I find the monologue so cheesy, and honestly burst out laughing when I heard her say "This is the Manifesto of Mother Monster"... I wouldn't call it the best video ever made, but she at least is still trying to keep the format going by making epic videos... whether you like the "epic" videos or see them as just displays of egocentricity... they are fun to watch. I wonder how much this cost....

But, yes... Bad Romance is the best video (and song to date) she has ever done... I'll be very interested to see if ANY song on Born This Way can top it...

Edited by Adam