The Lady Gaga Thread

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

God, her entire persona is a damn lie. I think watching that interview with her made me even less endeared to her.

"I grew up in privilege, but I felt like an outsider. I was bullied and teased for being an artist." BITCH PLEASE!

I love how they went to her old apartment and the chick inside was like, "Uh, no cameras please. I don't give a hell who you are." :lol:

It's gonna be a LONG next couple of years. Let's just hope the latest radio sensation gets in there and totally knocks her off her "throne."

• Members

+1

Exactly why people like me can't stand her. She promotes her fake image before the music, that's why it's not always easy to judge her for the music alone, because she desperately wants attention attracted to her and her persona first and foremost. Added to that, I've never seen what's so great about her and her music, people have been doing dance-pop bigger and better for years.

That whole 60 Minutes segment was a joke. Stefani is so desperate to be loved, she's just really insecure about herself and her "work."

• Members

Here's the extra stuff that didn't make the final cut of the 60 Minutes segement:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7346674n

She talks about Madonna and Barbra Streisand about 6:28 in after Anderson mentioned that like Gaga, Madonna and Streisand, also wanted to fix the lighting and direct every aspect of their 60 Minutes segments. :wacko:

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I kinda feel that the video to Bad Romance was what started all this really crazy Lady Gaga phase... It was weird, unexpected, fun and, all of a sudden, it took over everything... every appearance had to be shocking, every moment had to be crazy. The Kermit outfit, the meat outfit, the Telephone video, they all played into that.

Was it fun? Sure. But it would be foolish to think that it was sustainable and, as soon as the video for Alejandro came out, you could tell it wasn't going to continue.

Now, with the egg and everything, she's trying to continue all this and, slim though it was, the chance of it working out is gone.

She should just go back to making music and forget about shocking people all the time. Although I can only imagine how "bland" it could look if she went from what she's doing to "simple" videos.

• Members

Judas is produced by RedOne so I am hoping it will be better than Born This Way. Her "best" songs (Poker Face, Bad Romance, Just Dance etc) all done by RedOne.

Should be interesting. I am predicting the release of Judas will be pushed up because I kind of sense while Born This Way is going to break records with its debut, I don't see it breaking any records with its longevity.