The Lady Gaga Thread

• Members

Just to add, until the late 90's a song needed a physical release to be charted on the Hot 100. As a result you had many huge radio hits that never could chart on the Hot 100. But I agree with your assessment. Comparing eras is kind of futile.

I will say, E.T. is probably Katy's deepest single to date.... well deep for her I guess. I kind of like it.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Billboard has a blurb on it. I'm not a Katy fan, but when you consider the only other album in the last decade to achieve 4 #1 hits off it was Usher's 2004 Confessions album and most of the albums that have achieved this feat achieved it during the 1987-1991 era, it does look impressive. These days, singles from an album don't tend to peak as high after the third single.

http://www.billboard.com/#/column/chartbeat/weekly-chart-notes-katy-perry-jennifer-lopez-1005106502.story?page=1

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The problem with Lady Gaga's music is that it grows old real fast. I've liked most of the songs she has come out with but I've lost interest in them already. Where as Rihanna....I cant get enough of Only Girl in the World...it doesnt get old for me...and neither does S & M.