Adam

The Lady Gaga Thread

It's crazy how far GaGa has fallen on my radar. She was giving me my life in 2009/2010... her last album turned me all the way off. I hope she's out of her "sophomore slump" with this new album.

Artwork for Applause. I like it

lady-gaga-applause-cover-thelavalizard_z

She still seems intent on being "different/weird" for the sake of being weird.

Hoping for an elegant but unique album cover and some truly relevant catchy songs like the majority of her first album....

Honestly, it feels she's toned down the weirdness (which I hope is the case) although we'll see once we get closer to the release dates laugh.png

That's what I'm hoping for with this album as well. Not necessarily like her first album, but something fun and catchy.

Edited by YRBB

The first single leaked, and as expected, it's quite sh!t.

For an artist that tries hard to sell herself as an experimenting pop artist, it sounds like a reject from her last album and something that's been done before and done better by others.

She's truly made a career out of hyping lackluster material and creating rabid fans who think this is somehow groundbreaking work. I'm happy more people seem to be catching onto her shtick.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/08/12/lady-gaga-single-applause-officially-released/2643393/

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

I use to be a fan of hers but she hasnt had a good single since her first...she is trying too hard..and has just fizzled out...I wish she would realize that...her 15 min of fame is gone.

Edited by Soapsuds

The first single leaked, and as expected, it's quite sh!t.

For an artist that tries hard to sell herself as an experimenting pop artist, it's sounds like a reject from her last album and something that's been done before and done better by others.

She's truly made a career out of hyping lackluster material and creating rabid fans who think this is somehow groundbreaking work. I'm happy more people seem to be catching onto her shtick.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/08/12/lady-gaga-single-applause-officially-released/2643393/

laugh.png Honestly, I feel you would hate anything she does, regardless. tongue.png Fair enough, it's all based on taste but I have no idea what you're saying when you say it sounds like a reject from her previous album. All I hear is The Fame. It's the first thing I thought--she's going back to her first album roots.

Anyways, this is no pop masterpiece but will be great to dance to at the club, which is all Gaga should hope for anymore, considering she can't come up with a Poker Face or Bad Romance (that we know of).

Edited by YRBB

I actually think there was a playfulness about her debut, but then it was just overdone pretension which has guided her career ever since, which this single still carries the torch on, IMO.

The production is just so ..... 2002. It doesn't sound like a lead single, it sounds like something you'd keep as album filler material.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

She had potential at one point, but I think she's far too lost in her own hype at this point in her career.

The idea of what she wants to be has impacted her music, and I don't think in a particularly positive way.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner