The Lady Gaga Thread

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Artwork for Applause. I like it

lady-gaga-applause-cover-thelavalizard_z

Honestly, it feels she's toned down the weirdness (which I hope is the case) although we'll see once we get closer to the release dates laugh.png

That's what I'm hoping for with this album as well. Not necessarily like her first album, but something fun and catchy.

Edited by YRBB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The first single leaked, and as expected, it's quite sh!t.

For an artist that tries hard to sell herself as an experimenting pop artist, it sounds like a reject from her last album and something that's been done before and done better by others.

She's truly made a career out of hyping lackluster material and creating rabid fans who think this is somehow groundbreaking work. I'm happy more people seem to be catching onto her shtick.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/08/12/lady-gaga-single-applause-officially-released/2643393/

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

laugh.png Honestly, I feel you would hate anything she does, regardless. tongue.png Fair enough, it's all based on taste but I have no idea what you're saying when you say it sounds like a reject from her previous album. All I hear is The Fame. It's the first thing I thought--she's going back to her first album roots.

Anyways, this is no pop masterpiece but will be great to dance to at the club, which is all Gaga should hope for anymore, considering she can't come up with a Poker Face or Bad Romance (that we know of).

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I actually think there was a playfulness about her debut, but then it was just overdone pretension which has guided her career ever since, which this single still carries the torch on, IMO.

The production is just so ..... 2002. It doesn't sound like a lead single, it sounds like something you'd keep as album filler material.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner