The Lady Gaga Thread

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

she is so fake...i'm sorry. when she first came on the scene, she was something fresh and new. and it was good. but it obviously went right to her head. she so obviously just wants to be loved and thought of as the best that she is now striving so hard to be "fresh" that she comes off as fake-as-hell.

I will always love Money Honey, The Fame, Eh Eh Nothing Else I can Say and some of her other early stuff....But IMO she started the downard spiral with Alejandro and it's been wrose since.

• Members

It's hard to buy it as an intentional act when Gaga goes on and on in interviews about her everything she does, wears, writes, etc is a true reflection of who she is and what she's really like. And she seems so deathly serious about it all.

She hypes herself to the point where nothing seems genuine about her at all. She wants you to think of her in a certain way, but it just comes off in the opposite direction for me, though a lot of people seem to buy the sh!t she spills out.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I guess I am the only one who can't really see the hype behind this girl. I guess because she is only 10? I find the whole thing rather uninspired. Also, she left out the most "important" part of the song. From what I understand she is from an extremely religious and conservative family... I guess that's not her fault, but still, it falls extremely flat for me. I know, I'll rot for harping on a poor 10 year old child...

• Members

Shrug. I see that as exactly why it's all an act. She sees herself (pretentiously I admit) as a creation, like Bowie saw himself in the 70s, etc. I've never heard her actually say it's a direct reflection of who she is, but rather of who her influences have been and what she thinks the world (again pretentious) "needs".

I enjoy her because nothing is genuine about her. I guess that doesn't make me one of her monsters, but I don't see any of the messages she rants on about as BAD, so it doesn't bug me. I see a lot of people get really worked up (people who dislike her) by all this though, which is exactly what she wants.

She does sing the important part on Ellen, but I agree actually. I'm sick of people covering pop songs on youtube and being heralded as the Next Great Thing, particularly when they're not so cute little kids that Ellen loves. But I guess that makes me evil and grumpy :P

• Members

Oh did she? Oh well that's good then... but yeah... youtube is awesome for alot of things, but the way it brings these nobodies out of the woodwork is kind of annoying.... has anyone discovered on youtube actually amounted to anything? Good for her though and good for GaGa inviting her to sing at her Toronto show.... its just all so shallow and frankly, boring. At least I know I'll have company in that special ring of hell reserved for grumpy, cantankerous souls like us :P