The Lady Gaga Thread

• Members

This, along with Speechless are a break from her usual song and dance of over the top theatrics.... she really can sing if she wants to. There is no doubt there. I really am enjoying this track.

Edited by Adam

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

One of the best music video parodies I have ever seen! Haha. These people have done some other great ones, check them out.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvOucvTpKrE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvOucvTpKrE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvOucvTpKrE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

I love the lyrics, even if they are a little heavy-handed, but even in their heavy-handedness, they're necessary. I do have to wonder if they knew what they were doing with the words "chola" and "orient." I mean, "Latin" could fit for "chola" and "Asian" for "orient." That way, you run less risk of some obscure civil rights group burning your posters.

The music...eh. The verse melody sounds SO much like Waterfalls, in that "I'm-a tell ya'all a story, y'all just ain't gonna believe it...tsk tsk tsk" kind of way.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

The song sounds like a very bad Kylie Minogue b-side...

But of course the rabid section of her fanbase will proclaim it as the most innovative thing EVER! I've never seen an artist in recent times so unoriginal that constantly gets credit for somehow being original.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Yep! I love her for who she is and what she represents for many people, predominantly the gay community, but the last thing I love her for is her originality or her ego... she needs to stop trying so damn hard, and just embrace that she is a pop musician that makes decent pop music that plays well to the masses and does well in the clubs. She needs to stop claiming to be "the best of the decade" and all this B.S... the simple fact is she cannot even begin to touch Madonna in terms of icon status or talent. The claim she is somehow an icon is quite hallow (and even hollower when it comes from her or her people). She is a very insecure person.

On the song "Born This Way".... if it had been released like any other pop song without such fanfare and hype, it is a decent song. Its catchy, and will be great on a dance floor. The hype though was bound to make it seem underwhelming, which it totally did. I heard it this morning and seriously was like wtf?. I think its a good message she is trying to send, but I feel it could have been communicated better. She claims she wrote it in 10 minutes, if that is the case.... she should have spent at least 20 ;) lol.

Oh well, I'll await the album.... with reservation. I try to ignore all that ego b.s and just enjoy it for the poppy music it is, but it gets rather tiring. As far as pop music goes though, its a step down from the production on The Fame Monster. HUGE step down.