The Lady Gaga Thread

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She is a dance-pop artist, her roots have always been in dance music.

But I want something lyrically mature again.

I think her best collaborator was Patrick Leonard. They always brought out the best in one another. It's a shame the last time they worked together was writing songs for Ray of Light.

Patrick Leonard and Madonna just worked so well off one another. I really wish she'd work with him again, even if it's just co-writing songs with him again and not production.

• Members

Well, my thesis about a mature and sonically beautifully presented album with melodies is really about that. Dance music.

Not dance as in dance music du jour, trashy, forgettable, but something lasting.

It certinly doesn't mean Madonna taking a guitar and singing only with it as an accompaniment. :ph34r:

• Members

In think her acoustic guitar phase is over. She incorporates it time to time on tour, but it hasn't been in any of her albums since American Life.

All her albums have been dance oriented though, even if their influences came from different places.

To keep things slightly on topic, here's Akerland with Madonna accepting the Best Director VMA with Madonna at the 1998 MTV VMA Awards, 1:03 in. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siFUSq75Ons

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I assumed you meant you want her to do dance music with more string instrumentation? :unsure:

She hasn't even started working on her next album yet, though she was supposedly compiling stuff with David Guetta. Though, who knows if that will make the cut on the album, when it ever gets released.

Madonna's known to change direction a lot prior to releasing an album. I almost feel like the next album is important in reconnecting to her core audience audience again, many of which (myself included) were alienated by Hard Candy.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I would like some strings. She is no stranger to them (the dark, polyphonic, at times Oriental strings of Frozen, the Vivaldi-esque of Papa Don't Preach, the Mando-pop strings of Take a Bow, Michel Colombier's expert cinematic strings in that awful Die Another Day). :)

And I'm sure Eric, himself a violin player, can write a PhD thesis :P on how strings were used to great effect in dance and disco music of eras past and present. :D

Edited by Sylph