OLTL: Couple Out

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was there even a reunion? That's what I was hoping for. It was like one episode or two of grieving and then it's back to all the women pining for losers while Dorian is harangued and harangues others. I kept waiting for a little sliver of a Cassie/Dorian scene, Addie/Dorian...nope.

• Members

I think Mia worked better for what Blair was originally envisioned to be.

Kassie has always been a very limited actress to me, I just can never sympathize with Blair because of her acting choices. She's so void of subtlety, she can't play the nuances of the role well, I think. I always get a very cold feeling when I see her "act."

I think if OLTL survived Tina's loss for years, they can survive losing Blair too.

• Members

I guess to me, Blair has never been a subtle character, beyond the first few months when they were laying out her story. As soon as we knew who she was, she became extremely blatant. Blair f***ed a man on her wedding dress, Blair married for money and tried to kill her husband, Blair hid her crazy mother in the attic and had big scenes which amounted to her yelling MOTHER!! NO!! DORIAN WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!! I'm not saying this wasn't good, because it was good. I just think from then on, Blair was an obvious character.

KDP is not a very expansive actress but she can do drama, and humor, she has chemistry with people, she doesn't phone in, and when she gets the material, she can be a powerhouse. To me there have been no nuances in Blair in a long, long time, or 99% of the characters on the show.

But I see what you're saying, and I certainly understand why people would be offended to see an Amerasian woman become a blonde Southern belle.

For me it's not about OLTL "surviving" without Blair; they have already made her pointless anyway. It's about OLTL continuing to degrade and diminish the base that once made it stand out -- women. Tina's gone, Blair will probably either be gone or barely around, and what do we have? All I see are extremely passive, mentally unbalanced, dumb bimbos who live for abusive rapists and cheaters.

On a show with the likes of Tea, Kelly, Langston, Starr, Gigi, and Jessica as "heroines", your show has nowhere to go but down.

• Members

Jamey Giddens really believes a Bell soap would hire Scott or Brett? At best, Brett would be hired as yet another thuggish B-player in Genoa City who repeats the same lines a few times a week over some lame "mystery" and is not allowed any access to a hairstylist or even a bottle of shampoo.

I agree with him about the racism and homophobia endemic in daytime. Once again soaps spit on those that enjoy them the most.

• Members

I'm sorry, I don't get all these comments about "Kish" making OLTL lose viewers. I thought that they did resonate with mainstream audiences. Kish doesn't resonate, but a leading man who is a rapist that made fun of his victim using airquotes resonates? This is almost like the same problem with P&G soaps. They didn't give the gay couple many kissing or sex scenes but they gave the incest couple (Jammy) sex scenes that would rival skinemax.

• Members

I can see a Bell soap hiring either one. Right now they seem to be casting primetime or soaps actors with buzz and they wouldn't have them play gay characters. Maybe Brett can go back to One Tree Hill, where to me he played his first gay character. We all know Tim had it bad for Nathan.

• Members

Well, it makes you wonder what tomorrow will bring for OLTL....already this week we've had Farah Fath's meltdown, Scott Clifton's firing, Austin Williams' demotion, and the Kish canning.  And it's only Wednesday!  Crazy, crazy, crazy. 

• Members

And that's just the thing. I didn't even care enough about the returns to want to tune in and see. I caught bits and pieces of Bangs on an airplane when I was too lazy to change to ATWT after AMC, but that's all I saw. I have never gotten the over-the-top Tognoni love, so she wasn't gonna bring me back. I love Bangs, but she wasn't enough, and Cassie? As ignorant as this will sound, I don't know her enough to care about her.

I think I'm just over the Cramers as a family unit altogether. Dorian's unbearable, Blair's a hot mess, and Starrhead is just Starrhead. Even Langston's gone off the deep end (:wub: Ford :wub:). Addie? Poor Addie.

Archived