OLTL: Couple Out

• Members

That's exactly it. To me, Cassie's just...there. I could actively seek out some of her stuff, but I just...don't? She's forgettable to me right now, but I can get why she's beloved by so many die-hard OLTLers. LBK is fab, though. Loved her on AMC.

And yes, I'm glad Jason Tam seems to always have a backup plan because his job has been unreliable for at least two years now. My bae's luck is definitely about to run out.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guess not....better to let them move in and get settled for a few weeks before firing them. Just sad. As for the interviews, all that I can think of is the We Loves Soaps podcast with FF and others right when they switched studios. :(

• Members

The bloodbath seems like a thinly disguised plan to free up the money to bring Thorsten Kaye in. I doubt Kish had ANYTHING to do with RC or FV, this reeks of Fronsie. His favoritism is alive and well at OLTL, it's why we're going to be stuck with JPL and FF for as long as they want to ride the gravy train.

I can see Markko being gone, just for the sake of beefcakeness in Ford, even though he's a DREADFUL character.

Mark Lawson should be worried along with Tika Sumpter, cause they're both going to be casualties of the Cris/Jess reboot unfortunately. And I hate Cris/Jess, so blah.

I actually think they might be trying to lead into a bit of a Charlie/Dorian pairing, so Kerwin might have a reprieve for a little while.

It's a shame, even if I didn't particularly feel one way or another about the Kish pairing, the bloodbath in general going on these last couple weeks is kind of horrible to watch.

• Members

If this involves dumping JR, then yes, please!

As for Thorsten, I just don't see them bringing Patrick back. If anything I think Susan is on her way out. Her story is done and they seem to be wrapping up her plot with John, if the spoilers are any indication.

• Members

I still feel Thorsten and Alicia will eventually end up back on AMC (provided AMC is still on the air when they make up their minds)....

Its clear the show will move mountains to convince them....

Wasn't Susan Haskell being employed in NYC at OLTL the major reason Thorsten refused to go? How old are their kids? Are they school aged yet?

• Members

I think it's going to be a crapshoot. Thorsten either comes to OLTL and she stays. Or she goes and they pick up and move out west for AMC. The problem with him going back to AMC though is I wonder if they'd take one (Thorsten) without the other (Alicia). She seems pretty determined to stay in NYC cause of her hubby having his business there.

The Marty/John pairing seems to be coming to it's inevitable demise, for the John/Natalie redux. I thought it was also paving the way for a Marty/Thorsten-played-character pairing though.

• Members

Somewhere else people were talking about the ratings and how they correspond to Kish events and screentime and it doesn't seem like there is strong evidence that they are responsible for the ratings drop. I've always thought TPTB and even some viewers are to quick to attribute both ratings decreases and increases to gay stories. There are multiples stories on soaps and there are factors outside of what happens onscreen which are too often ignored, such as events, whether the other soaps increased or decreased, what month or day it is etc.

• Members

Uh.....I really don't think ANYONE is safe. I know we want to cling to some illusion that the show is simply stream-lining the budget but this slash is indicative of a larger problem. Frankly, we can predict who will leave next and I'm sure Tika Sumpter, Mark Lawson, Susan Haskell, Jason Tam and Brian Kerwin will all disappear very soon but the truth is that I fear we are nearing the end of OLTL's run. By this time next year, I expect everyone will be unemployed so I take little consolation in the relative uncertainty of job security on this obviously sinking ship. It's clear the Captain has been alerted and the Titanic just struck the iceberg.

Archived