OLTL: Couple Out

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GLADD speaking out won't do a damn thing. Its all lip service from them. Pointless organization IMO. I almost feel they do more of a disservice to the community than a service, ESPECIALLY where daytime soaps are concerned.

• Members

GLAAD's response is so fill-in-the-blank/formulaic. That's now the "speaking out" I want in response to something like this. Talk about the couple, for crissakes, and leave out all of those generic phrases that can be used to describe most every other gay couple on TV.

And if Tika requested recurring, it's only because they've given her no reason to want to stay on contract.

• Members

Seriously. I'm beginning to feel a bit manipulated commenting on every new piece of information that's come out the past few days. :lol: I feel like we should all just sit back and wait a minute because there is more to come. :ph34r:

• Members

I can believe this was by her request. She is rarely used, she has been taking time off to film movies, and seeing Princess Jessica swoop into her story must have been an eye-opener.

Remember all the debate over which black girl would be allowed to stay?

I guess we got our answer...none...

We're commenting on it because there isn't a lot on the show to talk about. You could always join our thrilling "Gigi deserves the baby"/"Gigi wanted to kill the baby" discussion in the show thread. :lol:

• Members

Honestly, as a gay man, the firing of Kish doesn't bother me. Maybe it's because Fish is so unappealing as a character that I found them hard to root for.

Brett Claywell's dismissal sucks because he's great. Too bad they couldn't make the Fish/Kyle/Nick triangle work. It didn't help that neither characters were related to the Lords, Cramers, or Buchanans. If OLTL ever tries a gay couple again, they should use members of core families, not peripheral characters like Kish who can easily be written out.

Archived