OLTL: Couple Out

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael "Jacko" Jackson: You are not alone. LOL!

As groundbreaking as Kish were, I still feel like the definitive "gay love story" has yet to be told on soaps (and probably never will).

Nevertheless, Kish WERE an important step - moreso, really, than Nuke or even Otalia -and for that, OLTL has to be commended.

• Members

I don't think Kish hurt the ratings--but I do think maybe that over the top weding plot combined with them did. But that was at least partly cuz it was so far fetched and... lame. Overall Kish seem to be one of the few things he majority of OLTL fans (online anyway) agree on...

I also... I dunno, I don't feel like the story was told. We've gotten pretty much as far as Kish already on other soaps (OK Nuke, etc, havebn't been done nearly as well, I'll grant you). For me, breaking new ground would have been keeping them on the canvas and managing to have them intermingle with other stories. Roxy hasn't been as good as she has in a long while in her scenes with Kyle. Fish playing a cop (and one who tries to do the right thing by law unlike John and even, increasingly, Brody) also has potential. With so much dead weight on the show, losing these two is just lame, and I don't think will do a thing to increase ratings at this point (which is the purpose, isn't it?)

I hate to say it but more and more reading what's on the horizon, there's not a lot that's keeping me wanting to watch...

• Members

I agree and it's why I said I don't believe anyone is "safe," when the air of cancellation is looming. What good is it to be safe when it is so obvious the show is off the air in less than a year?

I also don't believe for a second that TK is coming to OLTL. Marty is likely to be written off soon.

• Members

You may be right. There is something desperate about all these exits. But do they really think firing a bunch of people is gonna save the show? If the show is getting cancelled soon and they know it they should focus on stories not extreme attempts to save it. That almost never works.

• Members

I am smelling a rat here and his name is Brian Frons. Honestly from source info I have received alot of these axings have to do with Gina Tognoni's OUTRAGEOUS SALARY. I heard axing Scott, Kish, Daphane were all not FV/RC's decisions. They were ABC forced decisions due to story and budget. Frons loves his freaking Gina. She's the OLTL version of Rebecca Budig to him. He's tried to get her back on OLTL for years and actually in 2007 Frons tried to get Gina to come to GH. Let me say Frank Valentini is master at budget control and gets these vets back at bargain basement/cheap rates. Gina was a total DIVA in OLTL negoations last year. As after GL was cancelled, OLTL tried getting her back and her demands were outrageous. Deal fell through and then her bestie friend Barbara Bloom who cast Gina as Dinah on GL wanted her on the Bell soaps. Brad created role of Sandy Sommers for Gina but what Gina did was bargain with Frons with these offers. She needed to stay in New York cause her hubby is east coast bound. Honestly what Frons gave her was very HIGH for OLTL standards which I knew would effect budget bigtime. Now Frons is pimping his Gina like nobody's biz, I expect her to be star of OLTL.

• Members

The question is WHO they are firing and the overall message they are sending.

Do I think someone at ABC believes that firing or backburnering every single non-white and non-straight cast member will bring viewers back?

Yes, I do. And Michael Logan shamefully going out there and saying as fact that gays brought the ratings down is just part of the propaganda.

• Members

I am smelling a rat here and his name is Brian Frons. Honestly from source info I have received alot of these axings have to do with Gina Tognoni's OUTRAGEOUS SALARY. I heard axing Scott, Kish, Daphane were all not FV/RC's decisions. They were ABC forced decisions due to story and budget. Frons loves his freaking Gina. She's the OLTL version of Rebecca Budig to him. He's tried to get her back on OLTL for years and actually in 2007 Frons tried to get Gina to come to GH. Let me say Frank Valentini is master at budget control and gets these vets back at bargain basement/cheap rates. Gina was a total DIVA in OLTL negoations last year. As after GL was cancelled, OLTL tried getting her back and her demands were outrageous. Deal fell through and then her bestie friend Barbara Bloom who cast Gina as Dinah on GL wanted her on the Bell soaps. Brad created role of Sandy Sommers for Gina but what Gina did was bargain with Frons with these offers. She needed to stay in New York cause her hubby is east coast bound. Honestly what Frons gave her was very HIGH for OLTL standards which I knew would effect budget bigtime. Now Frons is pimping his Gina like nobody's biz, I expect her to be star of OLTL.

Archived