OLTL: Couple Out

• Members

Thanks. I remember OLTL at that time as so boring, whereas her AMC and ATWT were, aside from a few strong stories at the start and finish of her ATWT run, just offensive and insane.

Easy targets (all non-white, or negative characters). Easy to blame for the failings of Gigi and Rex.

Soon I think we will see some of those in the Todd story fired.

I'll be surprised if we aren't saying goodbye to Mark Lawson soon.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This sounds like massive budget cuts or the hiring of pricey actors, maybe the combination of the two?

If Mark Lawson goes, that leaves Jessica and the (godawful Christian.) (Well I did enjoy him for the first time in a decade in the KISH story.)

And what does this mean for Layla?

Is this Kelly/Todd story going to monopolize the show?

Are they possibly preparing for the return of Roger Howarth as I have seen rumored?

Is OLTL being rewritten (as usual)?

• Members

Its true that minority characters often take a dispaportionate share of the blame for bad ratings. Although to be fair to the network the fact that they are supporting characters and neither of them has a lot of history with the show probably also contributed to the decision.

It is getting tiring. Whenever I think ABCD is making a step forward they take two steps back. ATWT made a lot of mistakees with Luke and Noah but at least their still around after almost three years.

• Members

It's not like Carlivati and Valentini aren't hacks themselves. The days of Carlivati praise are lonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg gone. There is isnt one damn good HW in daytime anymore. Hell there isnt one good EP either. No wonder soaps are the shits.

• Members

It is inevitable that OLTL is the next soap cancelled, it is just a matter of when..

AMC will go within a year after, maybe two.

When Y&R is unwatchable, daytime is in trouble.

Days is the only soap that people seem to like. Its the only show with any ratings potential, and I suppose you can never count GH out in that respect.

Archived