OLTL: Couple Out

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R already had their token gay hiring with Thom Bierdz, that was it for them. Besides, Scott and Brett can act, Y&R doesn't do that these days.

I think Jason's probably just about gone. Langston has been ruined but that makes her more viable for today's soap world. Starr, eh, I guess it depends on whether Danielle becomes popular.

• Members

I am pretty shocked by this news.. And I am gay. But both actors did nothing for me. I am all for diversity in soaps, especially OLTL as that is what the show's original vision was. But I am more "offended" by the show writing off Rachel.

Did anyone find KISH not all that compelling and the actors not that great? I feel that I may be alone in this judging by the outrage...

I would love to know what is going on that show. And I have this weird vibe that Carlivati is going to gone soon too. They are saying that the actors will be gone by mid April so this "write out" must have been insanely abrupt- OLTL tapes 6 weeks in advance, right?

And I have a feeling Valentini had to have been forced by Frons.

• Members

No wonder fans are dwindling for soaps when they find out that the talented ones (like Scott Evans) find out they are fired online! That shows a lot of respect for the actors. If the powers-that-be don't even care about the actors on their shows, then why should the fans?

Something must seriously be wrong with OL right now. I wonder if there is talk about a massive budget cut in order to be renewed (much like that of DAYS). To just all of a sudden get rid of this many people, this quickly does not seem "typical". It's too bad that the show seems to be targeting the ones that are actually talented. Daphnee, Scott C., Brett, and Scott E. can ALL act....unfortunately the writing hasn't helped them win any fans.

I used to be a big fan of Rex....note..USED to be, but he's been ruined for me. I'd much rather have Rex/Gigi, Cole/Langston/Markko, Greg?Shaun/Destiny gone instead of either of the above four. Starr could be recurring and show occasionally, but she does not need to be on 24/7!

OL is just in a sad state right now...

Do you think OL would write a new character for Thorsten Kaye if it meant getting him back? Didn't he play twins already? If he hated Patrick, why not make him someone else? Other actors on the show have played more than one character before. Just wondering....

• Members

I wouldn't mind RC leaving, but I fear who Frons would choose as a replacement. It is about time this show had a major overhaul. They have been throwing on new characters just for the hell of it.

Ford I'm looking at you!

• Members

Exactly!! This sucks!!! We still are stuck with Farah Fath and JPL. When will they be fired?? They deserve to be fired for their awful acting. I guess no more OLTL for me after April. I guess my soap viewing days are really going to be gone in September.

Archived